Capital Goldtrowel course review

Status
Not open for further replies.

spark2010

I just finished a 5 day advanced solid plastering course at Goldtrowel this week and I would just like to say
that I had a fantastic but very hard 5 days there. It was intense from start to finish.

The end of last year, I completed a City and guilds course in a different training centre known as Able Skills. I covered 7 mandatory units and 2 optional. Most of the solid plastering was done in small bays. Throughout my week at Goldtrowel I have been speaking to a few guys currently doing C&G, one guy was doing a 22m ceiling in their hit zone ad he was only on week 3 of his C&G's. I was shocked in what they had to offer compared to other places. Although I did have a good time in the other training centre, I really wish I had of done my City and Guilds with Goldtrowel. They offer you 7 Mandatory units and also give u all 7 of the optional units!! You work in lifesize bays. My 5 days started off tacking a ceiling and then they threw me straight onto the 22m ceiling which I admittingly had to get help on. Day 2 scratch coating a massive outside wall with a window and door! (and they use real sand and cement). The following day was a top coat and float up the wall. In between this there was a class called discussing all aspects of plastering, pricing up jobs etc. Thursday skimming 2 ceilings and a big wall. Friday coving and floor screeding. All in all it was very intense and does really make you think and prepares you for real life scenarios. Upon leaving you get access to their forums, lifetime support and you go away with a "Goldtrowel certified certificate" which was very pleasing. If I got all this on 5 days, could only imagine what the six week city and guilds would be like. I have to say I was really impressed in what I did. I am doing my NVQ with gold trowel which is an on site assesement, this I will be sorting out in the next few weeks. They also have a venetian marble plastering area as well which was stunning, There was a guy there who did only 3 days and he produced a marble finish on quite a big wall, I seen him starting it on the monday and finished on the wednesday. Other training centres let you do it on boards of a half metre square but Goldtrowel are life size rooms. You have to see it to believe what goes on in there.They do 5 day and 12 day venetian. Im definately going back to Goldtrowel in the next few months for that!!

Anyone visiting this forum or thinking about getting into plastering, I have been around a few of the training centres, I will tell you now... I seriously recommend Capital Goldtrowel in Stapleford Abbots, Essex

Plastering Courses | Venetian Plastering Courses | Tiling Courses

I would like to thank the staff at Goldtrowel who have been fanstastic and were there all the way,
Andy, Shane, Les, Doug and Neil thanks lads

Status
Not open for further replies.