Cant believe i did it .... what a bellend i am !!!!.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardbrown

Private Member
Was on a job today skimming and had a fair bit laid up so thought id give my labourer a hand mixing up the second gauge, so there we were mixing like mad but by mistake i picked up the multi bag that ben had been using for all the crap he had scraped off the floor and poured the lot in ..... scrim, nails and all the usual s**t ..... DOH !!!.

Anyone else got any stupid stories similar ???

Rich

last fewtimes any lab mixed up them made about 2 bags 2 many then lumpy then to wet then the last time some how they tangeld them self up in the mixer and snaped thed cable!

years ago i ran out of dust for a mix but had a bag of opc on the van so i topped it up with that.. i actually managed to get it on the ceiling too..
couldnt get my arms above my shoulders for the rest of the day and still ended up having to reskim it..
live and learn..
or to misquote pug..
anything that doesnt kill me makes bloody sure i dont do that again!

Did a stair case wall once with artex,carlite finish,board finish all mixed together it was F*****g orrible, run out of gear for last hit so used all the butt ends of bags on the job

richardbrown said:
Ive skimmed a ceiling using 50/50 multi hardwall ...... what a bodge job that was lol

Rich
that reminds me.. used to fit windows years ago.. for the brickouts we'd stuff the cavity with shite and knock up 50/50 browning and carlite finish...
window fitters one coat...
alreight if they was gonna wallpaper it ;D
how longs your guarantee??
how longs your drive? ;D

i had a hangover one morning and had to mix a small amount of hardwall in a skimming bucket ....then spent ages trying to get it out with a shovel

Done the same as you Rich a couple of weeks ago picked the bag of crud thought thats light by then it was to late but thats what you get for trying to rush to the pub.
Lucius.

iv done a old door way patch with dabing bonding multi and old coffee ! yea it cracked the next day.

a couple of years ago got off the ladders straight into the bucket...left foot soaking..half an hour later same ladders ...same bucket...different foot...bloke i was working with was pizz himself..but i can truthly say its on only happened on that day....ill keep me eye out for the bucket tommorrow think i may have jined myself now

oasis said:
iv done a old door way patch with dabing bonding multi and old coffee ! yea it cracked the next day.

And old coffee ??? what the f**k is that about then, i thought i was a rough rat at times.
Mind you i mixed flour with filler once to bulk it out lol

Rich

i was on a cieling few months ago about 35 meters of a ally hop up on the last mix asked me labourer to wash the bucket out and have some nice clean mix so after he did this and started knoking up the mix he did it to stiff so i said put a bit of water on it. soft c**t put a load of dirty water on it and didnt tell me didnt need that on a friday afternoon

Segs has heard this but it's my favourite

I was doing some hardwalling with Danny and was knocking up while he went to get more gear.
as the whisk is spinning I thought I'd be clever and hold it with one hand and scrape the sides with the bucket trowel with the other.
I dropped the trowel in the bucket which got caught in the whisk and evacuated the contents of the big gorilla bucket over the room.
It was everywhere. Me. the tools, the floor, Danny's radio (shh) The only place it wasn't was the wall.
So there I am standing covered in Hardwall looking at the aftermath and Danny walks back in!

We laughed!!!!......eventually

A few years ago i had to skim out his barn convert out in the middle of nowhere,there was no water on site so i had to bring it in big containers....anyhow on the last day the last fuc@@ng wall the only water i had left was in the kettle and dirty water in the wash bucketwash ..was only a small wall so i thought fu@@ it lets go for it... i started mixing up and put a bit to much m/f in and needed more water so me and the lad working for me pissed in it to water it down....no word of i lie went on a treat
was polishing it afteer 15 mins it set that quick. wall was like glass when finished lol bukets went in skip after though

Status
Not open for further replies.