can you use board adhesive for.....

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

niklas

can you use board adhesive for filling out where 2 tapered edge boards meet ,making the joint flat before skimming,or should i use a bit of bonding??advice always appreciated :-/

either will be fine ;) just seal them up with waterd down pva or a bonding agent if you have to leave them for a while before skimming and dont forget to scrim the joint first ;D

i just fill them in with skim as im plastering..just make it the first job..no probs..

Trouble is oasis somtimes they do crack once you go over a thickness of 4-5 mm ,i have noticed this a lot on wall board 10 and around door linings and on the exstenion to my house :'( ,the cracks didnt apear straight away but after a few weeks.

um...why are you using tapered edge when youre skimming it?

I was working on a site a while ago bigsegs and i asked the tacker why you using tapered edge board and not square edge and he said whats square edge board? and he been doing it for years didnt even know it existed :eek:

surprisin innit...last time i used that 19mm was for flats conversion, some went on the ceiling downstairs, then over board with soundbloc, the rest went upstairs...on top of the floor sound insulation but under the floorboards...
isnt tapered edge more expensive too??

I was chatting to one of the top blokes on a interiors firm and he reckons when buying in bulk tapered boards are alot cheaper also if they get stuck for plasterers they can tape n joint it.

come to think of it, with most major sites using tape and joint it makes sense that tapered would be cheaper cos theyll make more of it to cope with demand...never thought of it like that...same with anything that gets bought regularly in bulk really...ill bet joint fillers come down recently too, prolly why plasters gone up...

cheers for the advice guys,had the tapered ones as i let my mate with the big van pickem up for me and didnt realise until id got half of them upstairs,didnt have the heart,soul or effort to lug em all the back to wickes,or tell him they were the wrong ones for that matter.lol he was chuffed coz hed saved me a 10 spot by buying more than 5 of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.