Can you stick render beads on with multi?

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

robrado974

Of course you cant . finished a job today and went to see another job on the way home . some geezer had rung me mate saying his beads were all cracked n falling off, and could we have a look for him . a little bit of digging on the bead ,we found they had been put on with finish!. We said you should get the bloke who did the job to come back and sort it , but he didnt want him to. we got the job of sorting it ,so we got some work out of it , but thats not the point is it .This is the second time i have seen this in a year the last one i saw the same thing was happening ,the beads had been put on with dot n dab !.

gypsum will go on to render render not onto gypsum, seen it many times theres a pub down my way thats just been renovated and when they wer rendering it i noticed they had beaded up with dot and dab......f-ing mugs, but i spose its a possible job for me in the future wen the corners all fall off

just stick them on with baged render that you have left over from a job,
i have a few bags of out of date weber that flash sets thats ideal.

Well i wouldnt stick exterior beads with multi but i am surprised that its failed that quick

Job I'm on I saw a bricky stick some beads on with multi outside after he'd changed 2 windows & patched the render up :RpS_laugh:

i got a job 4 another so called plasterer in town the othe day, he texts me after looking at job asking if i had sum dot n dab on van, i says u what, r u on drugs??? i says its a render job u plank, he texts back and says thats the way i've been taught, i laughed me head off and had 2 go 4 a piss, the thing that annoys me is that u get muppets undercutting u and getting the jobs u had quoted 4, then have to go and put there shite rite, fair enough u get sum beer tokens, but have some common sense!!!!

I stick beads on with finish all the time, inside, outside, in thunderstorms, I dont just do a few dabs either, I butter the whole thing up so its stuck good and propaaaa.

But really, what do you guys stick render beads (externally) up with? I find sand and cement a pain in the arse so generally nail or plug n screw ( which is equally a ******* ****)

I stick beads on with finish all the time, inside, outside, in thunderstorms, I dont just do a few dabs either, I butter the whole thing up so its stuck good and propaaaa.

But really, what do you guys stick render beads (externally) up with? I find sand and cement a pain in the arse so generally nail or plug n screw ( which is equally a ******* ****)
strong mix every time , plenty of cement . then you are free to start scratchin with no worries about accidently knockin the bead out of square .

I dab mine on as i coat no probs, seen guys use multi before or just plain old twister nails (ideal for belcast) waste of time if you ask me!

Insides i use whatevers handy and out of date at the time but outsides i put them on as i scratch coat and butter them right up, job done

Status
Not open for further replies.