Can you Krend over the top of Krend

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi..any advise greatly appreciated, had a guy do some Krend on chimney for me this week, and sadly he's made a right hash of it...I.e, stone ft been scraped back so far in places the hpx base coat is showing thro ....can I apply r7 then stone ft directly on top.or is it best to r7 then to fix stop beads to corners using hp base,then ft on top?...the guy talked a good game but sadly couldn't play it..so he's very kindly offered to do the work for free!!!if you know what I mean....anyway any advise would be appreciated....thanks gary

If hes not done it right the first time,chances are he wont get it right this time either. The render must of been applied extremely unlevel in areas for him to scrape back to base.
If I was redoing it for you,I would rebead in 10mm and use Krends Hp12 followed by the FT.
Cant comment on the R7 as I havent used it.
Regards Andy

[QUOT E=Andy M;796323]If hes not done it right the first time,chances are he wont get it right this time either. The render must of been applied extremely unlevel in areas for him to scrape back to base.
If I was redoing it for you,I would rebead in 10mm and use Krends Hp12 followed by the FT.
Cant comment on the R7 as I havent used it.
Regards Andy[/QUOTE]

To right.it sounds a very simple job to complete for a time served spread.
I would get another plasterer to complete it

Status
Not open for further replies.