Can I use...

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt02

I'm doing a 3 coat lime job onto stone walls(internal), in the past a doorway has been bricked up and plastered over with s/c and multi, very hard to hack off.

Can I prime this with thistle bond-it and do my lime coats on that.
Anyone Know.
Cheers

Matt if you are putting that kind of info on the forum please add a link or some info cos most of us have not heard of DG 27

DG27
On occasion you may wish to finish gypsum plaster or plasterboard with a lime plaster to coordinate the look and decoration of a room. DG27 is a bonding primer that allows lime plasters to be applied over plasterboard or gypsum plasters. Plasterboard joints must be prepared as usual with scrim. DG27 is a thick liquid that can be diluted with up to 5% water if appropriate. It's painted on and dries in around 6 hours leaving a texture that's gritty like sandpaper and a little porous. The best grade of lime plaster to use with DG27 is our 3/2. DG27 can also be useful in consolidating a problem surface where you just want to apply a thin lime plaster skim e.g. where the surface was previously wallpapered or emulsioned.

(This information wasn't copied & pasted by Nisus after he googled it, Honest)

Thank you Nisus, I could not have said it better.
The reason it has s/c and gypsum is because a couple of cowboys tackled the job in the late 80's and the shop has been empty ever since.
You will all be happy to know the whole building, inside and out is getting the TLC she once had 600 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.