bumps in render

Status
Not open for further replies.

porky63

Hi recently had my house meshed with stainless eml rendered with sand & cement about a week later bumps about an inch across are appearing on the surface of one wall its a cavity wall made of fletton bricks built in the seventies any one got any ideas what the problem is.Thanks in advance porky

are they hollow when you tap them,, have you tried chopping one out to see whats behind or if there's anything in the render that should not be there,,, i guess they used the right sand

Not telling porkies are you? Was it eml'd for cracks,possibly blown as above says.flettons need a good soaking but the Eml would have given a great bond . Possibly it is the Results Of a bad finisz that you are only noticing now

Last edited:
It may be the fixings showing through? or has blown where the fixings are.If he has used plastic fixings and hasn't scrimmed over them this can happen.

do these bumps appear when the sunlight hit the wall or are they visible at all times?

do these bumps appear when the sunlight hit the wall or are they visible at all times?
The bumps in the render do seem to get worse in sunlight they dont sound hollow was finished late in the evening on a cold but not frosty night was meshed by me using stainless screws and 3/4 washers

The bumps in the render do seem to get worse in sunlight they dont sound hollow was finished late in the evening on a cold but not frosty night was meshed by me using stainless screws and 3/4 washers

you can not beat rendering in natural day light. what finish are you thinking about putting on the render?

not being funny but have the local cats been crapping in the sand?????
ha ha ha we had that once a few years ago ,told the builder the sand stunk of cat poo and it made you gag as it was put on the wall,he told us just to get on with it lol when it dried out looked like a blind gunman had shot the wall with a ak47 all the poo had dried

ha ha ha we had that once a few years ago ,told the builder the sand stunk of cat poo and it made you gag as it was put on the wall,he told us just to get on with it lol when it dried out looked like a blind gunman had shot the wall with a ak47 all the poo had dried

I had that! September 1997. Got called back because there was brown spots appearing all over the wall. It was the customers own cat poo in the mix.

Cut it out, made good and got paid for it with an apology.

Why the fck would you eml flettons they are perfect for rendering on, bit of suction control with water, simples

Does it it look better at night on the way home from the pub ?

I like how you remember the date!!!!

Easy on this job Bobby. The year I got back on the tools after 6 years off due to a wrist injury and this customer was the only one I have ever had who wanted this job done in late September because he was concerned about hydration times. An engineer by trade but his dad was a bricky who knew about the importance of hydration being right.

Bloody hell.what happened to your wrist?
I ruptured the main archery in my right arm when I was 20 and couldn't used my wrist properly so learnt how to use left instead:)

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Status
Not open for further replies.