Builders rendering

Members online

duke163

First day on a plumber mates job and he asks me what I think of the render the builder has done !
What would you say ?

Attachments

• 1484574353756.jpg
    1484574353756.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 449
  • 1484574368508.jpg
    1484574368508.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 448
  • 1484574394621.jpg
    1484574394621.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 481
  • 1484574412461.jpg
    1484574412461.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 447
  • 1484574438102.jpg
    1484574438102.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 418
I feel a bit sorry for the guy because the plasterer who was meant to do it walked off when he saw the scaffold and the builder said it's not a problem they'll do it themselves. A few cracks already feel a little hollow and stop bead with no drip at damp course.

That is not a builder he is a cowboy. And if I was you I'd walk u will get a bad name if seen working there. But I've did it my slef working for so called builders. Has the house owner seen that yet.

That is not a builder he is a cowboy. And if I was you I'd walk u will get a bad name if seen working there. But I've did it my slef working for so called builders. Has the house owner seen that yet.

Most of the work looks pretty tatty that 'the builder' has done to be honest . I'm doing the boarding and skimming for him as agreed but not too worried about anyone seeing the render as it's back of the house.
He's a good lad the owner and hasn't paid all the money he owes the builder but it feels wrong for me to say don't pay the c#nt.

Most of the work looks pretty tatty that 'the builder' has done to be honest . I'm doing the boarding and skimming for him as agreed but not too worried about anyone seeing the render as it's back of the house.
He's a good lad the owner and hasn't paid all the money he owes the builder but it feels wrong for me to say don't pay the c#nt.

I've been in your situation. Don't say to much to the house owner . Just finish and go.

If I didn't know I would say the home owner has had a go himself with zero experience, Builder has some nerve leaving that - what else has he bodged that can't be seen, that's what I'd be worried about.

If I didn't know I would say the home owner has had a go himself with zero experience, Builder has some nerve leaving that - what else has he bodged that can't be seen, that's what I'd be worried about.

It's a bricklayer who learnt how to render at college , most of them think they can render .

Over the cracks. It has to come off. I'd say the mix is worng 2

It's looks like building sand to me . I was thinking about hacking off around cracks and loose sh#t then patch and acrylic over the lot. Having said that I'd rather not get involved

Do you know (or know of) the builder? Would it be worth having a quiet word? Do you know the original plasterer?

IMG_6386.JPG
First day on a plumber mates job and he asks me what I think of the render the builder has done !
What would you say ?
This is what I was asked to top by a builder at 2.30pm one day in summer his bricklayer had done the scratch I said no chance had to slurry mix it scratch and then top over a few days

That's how I'd usually handle it but I probably do a dozen kitchens and bathrooms a year for him so got to know him a bit and he's asked for advise .
Tell him to get off the f**k**g tools! Stick what he knows and stop "learning on the job" at everyone's (including the clients) expense. He is going to drag,everyone down to his level. Take note of @clemo post.

Tell him to get off the f**k**g tools! Stick what he knows and stop "learning on the job" at everyone's (including the clients) expense. He is going to drag,everyone down to his level. Take note of @clemo post.

It's not the builder I know , it's the client who happens to be a plumber and wouldn't have a go at rendering .

View attachment 15817
This is what I was asked to top by a builder at 2.30pm one day in summer his bricklayer had done the scratch I said no chance had to slurry mix it scratch and then top over a few days

Reminds me of a landscaping company we do some work for - they usually say "We could get the boys to scratch coat it for you guys coming if that would be easier and keep costs down" ....

"Tell the boys not to f**k**g bother" is the standard reply, totally clueless.