bucket coat renders

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ali

i've used sand and cement and a bit of webber here and there but can someone explain about bucket coat render please thank you

bucket coat render? your not american are you?

Thin coats are usually applied onto insulated backrounds such as eps or phenolic boards
they are very strong and flexible with alot of polymer technology in them. Basecoat applied at 3mm - 6mm is embedded with reinforcing mesh for extra strength and impact resistance, once dry the primer is applied (like paint) to give good opacity on the finish. the finish is pre mixed coloured and comes in a bucket, the application depth is the same as the aggregate in the finish ie. 1.5mm texture is 1.5mm thick on the wall - you dont want aggeragate on top of another it is really scraped on tight as you can and even then it is not tight enough. most people in this country put it on too thick because their arms hurt after 10 mins.

you can finish a solid render job with the texture finish also as an alternative to paint say 12mm render smooth and flat, primed and textured - gives a good low maintenance job.

sorry it was the way you called it bucket coat render. I have an american phobia at the mo.

anyway thats the tip of the iceberg for yer there. the best way to really find out is jump in with a good gang for a while. be careful tho, this bandwagon is big and bursting at the seems with chancers

didn't know it was the EIFS stuff, never seen em used, the council round here seem to be having a mad go at doing up all the old tin houses with eifs. why the downer on yanks, im working for a couple of at the minute, no sign of a cuppa in 2 days. damn yankees. and i was joking about the pakistan thing :)

yanks are bad for business. plus they dont know where australia is on the map

its part of the ewi system yes. but you can use it on other suitable applications also

Status
Not open for further replies.