Bubble on joints of boards. Airless plaster

Members online

devneydutch

Has anyone came across this before?

Looks like there has been a leak in the ceiling and it’s gone between the boards. Defo been no leaks though.

It’s been sprayed with airless jub 3 coats, then sanded and sprayed with base coat paint. This only showed up really on the next spray paint coat.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• C63B259F-4905-4C74-A93F-46137315C6DD.jpeg
    C63B259F-4905-4C74-A93F-46137315C6DD.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 214
  • 335B9C1A-BBEA-4A12-B97A-97C5BF6D6A8A.jpeg
    335B9C1A-BBEA-4A12-B97A-97C5BF6D6A8A.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 245

Looks like there has been a leak in the ceiling and it’s gone between the boards. Defo been no leaks though.

It’s been sprayed with airless jub 3 coats, then sanded and sprayed with base coat paint. This only showed up really on the next spray paint coat.

Thanks in advance
Don't do airless but on skimmed board the joints hold more moisture so if the mist coat is not thoroughly dried the first coat can cause this

Can't see anything on my cheapo phone lol

Don't do airless but on skimmed board the joints hold more moisture so if the mist coat is not thoroughly dried the first coat can cause this

Can't see anything on my cheapo phone lol
It’s strange as the paint isn’t peeling off

looks a stipple coat..

seen that alot in houses built in 80s where paper tape was used on board joints... as said above moisture seeps in and blows the tape

looks a stipple coat..

seen that alot in houses built in 80s where paper tape was used on board joints... as said above moisture seeps in and blows the tape
There is fibre fuse tape over the joint with joint cement below and ontop. The boards are tapered edge too

Using joint cement to put tape on is asking for trouble. Slight bit of moisture it break down, always use a fast set.

No mate but tape and jointed loads. Had a period doing maintenance for a major house builder and blown tapes were always stuck with air dry not hot mud.

Hot mud is easyfill or fast set. I have prepared a big house for spraying, we used paper tape and easyfill with wet and stick on internals.

Thanks in advance

what boards are you using mate

we were having problems with knauf on tapered edge ...
20200611_124251.jpg
where the paper was bubbling on the edges ....

It’s tapered edge boardtapered edge mate. It’s spray plaster I’m having the trouble with not sure if they are Knauf though

I couldnt see anything when setting up

the second the skim hit it
it blistered/,bubbled

it's a fault in knauf boards
if your using knauf
only on the tapered edge.

weve had a few problems on few sites (y)

what boards are you using mate

we were having problems with knauf on tapered edge ...View attachment 51035where the paper was bubbling on the edges ....
Knauf boards have been horrendous of late. Some have been 10mm out of square along the butt edge. Also lots of paper delaminating on both the front and back of the boards, and to top it off, crumbly gypsum. Absolute shite.

Knauf boards have been horrendous of late. Some have been 10mm out of square along the butt edge. Also lots of paper delaminating on both the front and back of the boards, and to top it off, crumbly gypsum. Absolute shite.

I know loads of lads saying the same tony...

gets to the point where i say fuuck it I cant be arsed trying to fix it anymore.

I know loads of lads saying the same tony...

gets to the point where i say fuuck it I cant be arsed trying to fix it anymore.
Just started a site of 20 timber frames. Builder has his own builders merchants and supplies Siniat 15mm board. It’s a dream to cut and fix.

@TonyM
I prefer skimming them tony
skim takes ages to set
get some huge gauges on (y) (y)

I've about 7 flats and communal areas left to go at

I'm on 3 days a week at the minute.
kids driving me nuts lol
but getting jobs done at home aswell (y)

so far shes not pregnant so it's been a sort of "ok"
lockdown :birra: