Brushes

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

spunky

Private Member
I've got the 1700w H handle refina drill does anyone know how to change the brushes and do they make a whistling noise when there on there way out?

Can't answer how to change the brushes but I've got the same mixer and mines been whistling for ages. Take it apart and give it a clean and it's ok for a bit but then starts whistling again. Keeps goin though.

give it a blast through with an airline, clean the s**t out, grease the bearing. Should buy you time.

I've got the 1700w H handle refina drill does anyone know how to change the brushes and do they make a whistling noise when there on there way out?

Yes mate will make a slight whistling noise, and the drive will be intermittent also because you will lose conection as the brushes get shorter.

Dont know about the model you have but theyre all pretty similar, you should have a plastic cap either side of the motor with a slot for a flat head, unscew and the brushes should come out on small springs, chuck em in the bin and replace.

Thanks airborne someone told me the insides are spring loaded do you have to be a bit carefull or was he winding me up?

It will stop spinning in between mixes and start when you bang it but will eventually stop they are simple to change like whats been said above. When you take out the others you will see how they go in.

Thanks airborne someone told me the insides are spring loaded do you have to be a bit carefull or was he winding me up?

Wind up mate. The carbon brushes are attached to the springs but theyre not under any mega pressure. Once you unscrew them theyl just pop out, youll see what the crack is once you unscrew them piece of piss. The springs are only there to keep the brushes in contact as they wear down.

Cheers all it's not stopped yet I'll get a pair and chuck em in the van just in case:RpS_thumbup:

I did I said thanks to everyone, has anyone got a link to them I cant find them on the site also which ones am I after haven't they stopped doing the 1700w so do I need the ones for the 1800w?

i have the same problem some times with my belle 1600w mixer, and its because of the plaster dust setting with condensation in the back of my van, a good squirt of wd40 sorts it!!!

everywhere pal! lol i put it in where the mixer paddle connects and to the trigger and speed control as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.