Broken Light Switch

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nisus

Elite Member
The bonding plaster I used on block work last week was faulty & it crazed all over the place so in temper I punched the light switch anyway now the customer wants me to change it but I'm not a qualified electrician what would you lads do? :RpS_unsure:

Change it two min job just write down which wires go where before you take it off if your struggling

I told her to do it herself as I'm not an electrician & if I was an electrician i'd be earning a lot more than the £60 a day cash she's paying me :glare:

Change it two min job just write down which wires go where before you take it off if your struggling
:RpS_scared:
Are you a qualified spark?
you can go to jail for that kinda thing:RpS_thumbdn:

allegedly.

Building Regulations and
Wiring Regulations
You don't need to be a qualified electrician to make changes to your home's electrical system, but the work must be done in accordance with the standards in the Regulations.

Don't worry lads I'll have a go tomorrow I'll just use a knife out her kitchen to take it off & I'll swap it with the one in her spare room :RpS_cool:

Next question board or multi on the crazed hollow sounding bonding?

Take a pic of the wires before. And the replace like for like. Use an elecy screwdriver !! It'll. Light up if it's live still.

Drill some holes in the wall at random points, then use expanding foam and using all the members of her family ask them to push gently against the wall and to stand there all night.
next morning go in and remove the family from the wall and cut off excess foam.
Scrim and skim. :)

get a big electrical blank plate to cover switch and **** wall too, lovely finish on them blank plates !:RpS_thumbup:

Don't worry lads I'll have a go tomorrow I'll just use a knife out her kitchen to take it off & I'll swap it with the one in her spare room :RpS_cool:

Next question board or multi on the crazed hollow sounding bonding?

Don't do a thing that looks bang on to me..

tell her your names clampy and that finish is wallcrete then fly off in your helicopter throwing some of your millions out the window to the peasants below

The bonding plaster I used on block work last week was faulty & it crazed all over the place so in temper I punched the light switch anyway now the customer wants me to change it but I'm not a qualified electrician what would you lads do? :RpS_unsure:

Couple of things to look at here,
Why would you punch a light switch because your work is sub-standard?
By the look of your plastering expertise your very very lucky to be getting 60 a day.
The bonding will of been just fine, it will be your complete lack of skills that caused it to craze and shell off the wall, then realising your a complete chancer you took out all your pent up frustration on the poor light switch.
Bit of advice pal, choose another career!

Couple of things to look at here,
Why would you punch a light switch because your work is sub-standard?
By the look of your plastering expertise your very very lucky to be getting 60 a day.
The bonding will of been just fine, it will be your complete lack of skills that caused it to craze and shell off the wall, then realising your a complete chancer you took out all your pent up frustration on the poor light switch.
Bit of advice pal, choose another career!

Bit of advice pal don't believe everything you see or read on the internet :RpS_wink:

Didn't think i'd have to explain that it's a p1sstake ffs :rolleyes)

awww lee why did you ruin it, it was funny watching all these people come out the woodwork to slate you

Building Regulations and
Wiring Regulations
You don't need to be a qualified electrician to make changes to your home's electrical system, but the work must be done in accordance with the standards in the Regulations.

You will find that correct in your OWN home , if your in a customers you should be qualified to touch electrics

awww lee why did you ruin it, it was funny watching all these people come out the woodwork to slate you

It was Jase :RpS_biggrin:
But like I said didn't think i'd have to explain it lol, maybe they really think I am that rough :RpS_unsure:

Take a pic of the wires before. And the replace like for like. Use an elecy screwdriver !! It'll. Light up if it's live still.

Knock the power off at the fuse board ..... If its not a really old one ! U may need to knock all the power off ratha than just lights, also use a tester on it to check if its live ur trusting the sparky has put the stickers in the right place etc or just have the light on and when it goes out u know u have the right fuse

Knock the power off at the fuse board ..... If its not a really old one ! U may need to knock all the power off ratha than just lights, also use a tester on it to check if its live ur trusting the sparky has put the stickers in the right place etc or just have the light on and when it goes out u know u have the right fuse

Mate this was a job I went to put right 6 years ago for a builder :)

I new it would be a piss take , from what ive seen nisus is a gd lad . Lol funny thing is that actually is somebodys work !!

Status
Not open for further replies.