Broken handle :(

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackPlas91

uploadfromtaptalk1446898257308.jpg
tyred tighting my NUT on my trowel this morning and it snapped [emoji35] so I used expanding foam to get it back on so I could finish my set. anyone got any tips to keep it on tight so it don't come back off. Someone mentioned gorilla glue

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

if its any consolation ive nut had a nut on my rubber handle mt for about 5 yrs and it never budges...

however did the same thing on my wooden handle and managed to router a hole into the handle and tighten up another nut upto it but it still slips a tad which is mega annoying so is just used for render...

Have poo and do a front flip in it ☺ it gets a proper clean once a month in bicarb. An old boy who I used to work with reckons if u clean your trowel to much it can put nicks in them and causes the rivits to pop is that right?

I like to keep everything clean and tidy but have never felt the need to clean my trowel other than with a brush will it make my skimming better? Doubt it

Have poo and do a front flip in it ☺ it gets a proper clean once a month in bicarb. An old boy who I used to work with reckons if u clean your trowel to much it can put nicks in them and causes the rivits to pop is that right?

Lol rivets pop when you scrape floors or pick gear up with it :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Your a f**k**g chancer lad !! And by the state of your stepladders and tiger striped walls id put your trowel in the bin and get a job at Mc Donalds

Canny excuse by the bloke not to clean his trowel , lol leave ur trowel over night in water and then a light scrap , half of it just washes off

Got photos of the one I did.. it was a cock to do but came out nice

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Lol yea the amount of scrim you would have used and the amount of building out low points with bonding you would have done you might as well have just used eml and bond.

To fix it Undo nut. Epoxy like Araldite - leave over night. Never come off again. You don't want flexi s**t to hold it they always turn. Araldite is what they use on golf clubs etc

Status
Not open for further replies.