British Gypsum

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bags we picked up last week from Jewson where fine, the glue that holds them all in place seemed much weaker, you can just about hear the seal break when you lift them. Not a ripped bag in sight.

Now the glue is sorted I don't really have an issue with the paper itself, so long as your not too heavy handed with the bags they don't just fall apart, pick them up and place them down and they're fine.

They have made changes and have more in the pipeline but it takes time to filter through and will do, they have to keep up with the demand of over 17,000 (iirc) pallets of plaster a week.

17,000 pallets a week is that all you can manage wez:rolleyes)..............:RpS_lol:

The bags we picked up last week from Jewson where fine, the glue that holds them all in place seemed much weaker, you can just about hear the seal break when you lift them. Not a ripped bag in sight.

Now the glue is sorted I don't really have an issue with the paper itself, so long as your not too heavy handed with the bags they don't just fall apart, pick them up and place them down and they're fine.

They have made changes and have more in the pipeline but it takes time to filter through and will do, they have to keep up with the demand of over 17,000 (iirc) pallets of plaster a week.
wow you sounded so much like Danny then :)

Yep I'm wearing my hoody wandering round Brittany and feel a fraud!!?? Mind you it does seem to be annoying the locals so all good this end :RpS_laugh:

It wasn't aimed at any forum member, most of you may well be excellent spreads but at least one person who got a hoody actually says he's not a plasterer quite openly.

is that the green eyed monster waking up :RpS_laugh: by the way the hoodies fit perfect both of them

I'm hardly going be jealous of a ******* hoody now am I? But getting two might push me over the edge.

It wasn't aimed at any forum member, most of you may well be excellent spreads but at least one person who got a hoody actually says he's not a plasterer quite openly.

I'm hardly going be jealous of a ******* hoody now am I? But getting two might push me over the edge.

Got a polo shirt and a magnet aswell andy. ;-)

My reply was light hearted and in my defence I'm on the beer come after 4 o'clock (3pm your time) while here in france so that's why I don't make sense plus I'm from Lancashire so I don't make sense sober or not :RpS_laugh: :RpS_thumbup:

Hi @Jurek,

Thanks for the question. We’ve recently begun updating the bags following suggestions from customers and this should begin filtering into the market soon. We posted an update about this in March, which you can find here.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Jurek,

Thanks for the question. We’ve recently begun updating the bags following suggestions from customers and this should begin filtering into the market soon. We posted an update about this in March, which you can find here.

Thanks

Thanks @BritishGypsum. I was at Wickes, Birkenhead, this morning and your gear was all over the place. Customers just toss them aside, now, like you would with a bad apple. I'm reassured to hear that the problem is in hand, and that by the beginning of May will be a thing of the past. Sterling work by all concerned.

Changing the glue was the short term solution :D

Those that went on the tour can see how well the bags looked on the trucks :D

Thing is @Danny not everyone was on the tour, they've been logged on and off most of the evening but still haven't replied to questions asked.

Its a waste of time them being here mate its like trying to get answers out of politicians.

Thing is @Danny not everyone was on the tour, they've been logged on and off most of the evening but still haven't replied to questions asked.

Its a waste of time them being here mate its like trying to get answers out of politicians.

With it being a subject so dear to your heart you should go on the next tour. :RpS_thumbdn:

i think theres more chance of me going to the moon than the bags being sorted. i get most of my gear from b and q where it flies off the shelves. if you were going to notice it anywhere it would be there. it's not rocket science is it ... err, change the paper. i haven't got a fcuking scooby what you are on about with this glue crap. what glue? the paper sticks to the paper of the bag in contact with it. thats it. if they a serious competitor in the market they'd be up the road

i think theres more chance of me going to the moon than the bags being sorted. i get most of my gear from b and q where it flies off the shelves. if you were going to notice it anywhere it would be there. it's not rocket science is it ... err, change the paper. i haven't got a fcuking scooby what you are on about with this glue crap. what glue? the paper sticks to the paper of the bag in contact with it. thats it. if they a serious competitor in the market they'd be up the road

The bags are glued to each other to keep them stable in transit. That is the glue they have replaced with a weaker version to stop the paper tearing when you lift them off the pallet. Keep up!

so its taken them a year or two to weaken the glue ....? because correct me if i'm wrong but this question had been posed on here for quite some time. they're not splitting the atom ffs

3271-british-gypsum-10171728_617582528337310_1185877986_n-jpg

wow are they your labourers :RpS_thumbsup:

so its taken them a year or two to weaken the glue ....? because correct me if i'm wrong but this question had been posed on here for quite some time. they're not splitting the atom ffs
With respect, it's taken you, someone who picks the bags from the pallet nearly every day, unti to even notice that they are glued!

When the pallets leave BG they are in perfect condition, they have to rely on feedback from customers such as yourself to a degree. They have listened and HAVE made changes, but it takes time to filter through the system.

No, they are not splitting the atom, you must understand that the glue is there for safe transportation. You can not just change it without thorough testing to make sure it is still doing it's job.

need any counselling - don't go near the edge :RpS_laugh: andy ........... oh no........

With respect, it's taken you, someone who picks the bags from the pallet nearly every day, unti to even notice that they are glued!

When the pallets leave BG they are in perfect condition, they have to rely on feedback from customers such as yourself to a degree. They have listened and HAVE made changes, but it takes time to filter through the system.

No, they are not splitting the atom, you must understand that the glue is there for safe transportation. You can not just change it without thorough testing to make sure it is still doing it's job.

are you on a retainer with BG? it sounds like it, mate. a free hoodie and you're anyones. to be honest, i'm not keyed up on the logistics of BGs operation. i don't know the ins and outs of the packaging process. it seems they don't either. i just know that the bags are w4nk. that other outfits don't seem to have problems with the same thing. and that the problem has been longstanding, and not addressed as far as i can see. the problem is still there evry morning. thorough testing of the glue. you're twisting my fcuking melon

Whatever mate, I don't know what you want me to say i'm just telling you the facts.
If your careful handling the bags they are not a problem for me, never have been.

lets hope they put the instructions on the new bags on how to use the stuff( times between coats and trowels, etc)
or we will be fukced< load of b*ll***s they are any way,, do they think we are all stupid or are the trying to encourage the diyer , home owner to do their own plastering and cut the plasterers out,, you'll be hard pushed to find any company who care less about their customers

First coat my m/t stainless steel then second with s*p*r*lex but must admit need a light brush/spray of water but might be due to the boards plus warm out here too. I mean if the gear is on your board and stiffens up you can knock it about with your trowel and it goes all soft and runny lol :RpS_laugh: bit like my missus lol

It's design like that to go through the pipes on a machine. Flows when agitated but bulks up when on the board.

it seems everyone who went on the tour is now a mouthpiece for BG on here and that there never was a problem with the bags. that actually the problem is me, because i am some kind of imbecile because the bags do not tear with anyone else, especially if you handle them carefully and realise that glueing the bags together is an integral part of the packaging process. i feel so stupid for not being aware of the gluing thingy. now that i know when i go down to b and q this morning they will be okay. thanks :RpS_thumbup:

In the last couple of weeks we've had three pallets of Parex Monorex and two pallets of Weber OCR delivered. All have turned up in perfect condition and don't appear to be fecking glued together. One pallet of Hardwall and no matter how to try to take them off the pallet at least half end up with the outer layer of paper torn. And most probably know that Weber and BG are owned by the same company.

It's design like that to go through the pipes on a machine. Flows when agitated but bulks up when on the board.
I've done a lot of machine plastering years ago with ze Germans and your very clued up on the modern stuff and like reading your posts :)

Status
Not open for further replies.