British gypsum tour bidston & birkenhead

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jurek

Private Member
Bidston Moss. B and Q:

Couldn't get one bag that wasn't ripped to fcuk. So went a couple of miles away to Wickes in Birkenhead:

I managed to scavenge 15 bags of board together, there. I couldn't get one in B and Q, and that's the truth. It's worse than ever.
@BritishGypsum maybe you can use these as a wallpaper for your laptop. It would constantly remind you to stop focusing on worthless questionnaires, jam butty mine tours with worthless freebies, and hip hop promotional videos and to get your act together. It doesn't look like you've diluted the glue enough. I might be wrong because it is a very technical issue. Clowns

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes they have been that bad up here as well shameful cos if you look at the paper bags of cement next to them they are all perfectly ok !

W4nkers. Couldn't get one bag in B and Q. I'll have to pop back in tomorrow to apologise to them. Lost my temper a bit :RpS_blushing: Even when you tried gently twisting them off they just ripped the paper off. They were all over the show. You can see by the board in B and Q that the ones before me had just picked them up and threw them back down again. What a waste. Just on this forum how long has this issue been going on now without resolve. What shitkicking excuse are they going to come up with now

But the glue is designed to hold the bags together in transit, so the dont fall off the pallet when getting delivered to b&q......

once they are delivered...........feck it, yer on your own:rolleyes)

In saying that tho picked up 10 bags on sunday...and none of them ripped???

Is change afoot....or did i just get lucky?:RpS_unsure:

But the glue is designed to hold the bags together in transit, so the dont fall off the pallet when getting delivered to b&q......

once they are delivered...........feck it, yer on your own:rolleyes)

In saying that tho picked up 10 bags on sunday...and none of them ripped???

Is change afoot....or did i just get lucky?:RpS_unsure:

got lucky i recon and why dont anyone else glue there stuff together for transit?

My nearest bnq are similar to this. It's a smaller sized place and the plaster corner is usually quite a state. I generally go a bit further away to the bnq near Trafford Centre. It's a big one. Bags are generally tidier there and less ripped ones knocking about. I get wound up sometimes though and if there is a crap bag at the top of the pile I put it on the floor. More chance of bringing it to the attention of an employee. @BritishGypsum how many damaged bags do you get returned each year from the uk

I get mine from Travis and never have a problem but that's because Travis have people loading your bags in the van so there not knackered but then once you traveled 5 mins down the road and you opened the van there fcuked

I get mine from Travis and never have a problem but that's because Travis have people loading your bags in the van so there not knackered but then once you traveled 5 mins down the road and you opened the van there fcuked

Yeah, because almost without exception every yardman will stack them one on top of the other instead of spreading them out :RpS_cursing:

Always put mine in rubble sacks. Pain in the arse but i dont use the same volume as u lads.

In my local Keyline the bags used to be fine as there was never any glue holding the bags together but the past two weeks there are burst bags everywhere, yesterday we tried to lift a bag of with out it tearing but they were covered in glue. The lads working there was all moaning about it. How f@cking hard can it be to put less glue on? The issue is getting raised loads of times but if anything it's getting worse. Tried to just pour half a bag into mix on job yesterday but when I went to stop pouring bag disintegrated and plaster went everywhere, customer looked at me as if I didn't have a clue what I was doing.

Get It Plastered | Roughcasting & Rendering, Plasterer in Ayrshire and Glasgow

In my local Keyline the bags used to be fine as there was never any glue holding the bags together but the past two weeks there are burst bags everywhere, yesterday we tried to lift a bag of with out it tearing but they were covered in glue. The lads working there was all moaning about it. How f@cking hard can it be to put less glue on? The issue is getting raised loads of times but if anything it's getting worse. Tried to just pour half a bag into mix on job yesterday but when I went to stop pouring bag disintegrated and plaster went everywhere, customer looked at me as if I didn't have a clue what I was doing.

Get It Plastered | Roughcasting & Rendering, Plasterer in Ayrshire and Glasgow

you don't :)

I hate other people loading my van! They don't know the term place an object gently into the vehicle or when on site why do people just DROP things onto the floor giving me a heart attack!! :RpS_cursing:

I was wondering if a call to Trading Standards might speed the change up a bit. Surely it can't be legal to supply something in unsuitable packaging? Or even HSE might in interested in people, both trade and general public getting covered in dust when moving something that should be a sealed bag. @BritishGypsum would that give you the kick up the arse you clearly need?

Thank you for your comments – we did experience an issue with the manufacturing process recently but we have now resolved this. Unfortunately, despite everyone’s best efforts, some of these pallets had already gotten out into the market and we are now working with our customers to replace them. We’d like to apologise the disruption and upset caused by this, particularly for those of you who have had to make multiple journeys to stockists.

But that doesn't actually solve the problem. It's been Going on for a long time, not just a dodgy batch you can worm your way out of. Why don't you go down the plastic route like all the other manufacturers? You hold the biggest card in the market but are too bone idle to do something about it. Every supplier pretty much stock your products and we have no choice but buy it or we'd all be out of a job.

But that doesn't actually solve the problem. It's been Going on for a long time, not just a dodgy batch you can worm your way out of. Why don't you go down the plastic route like all the other manufacturers? You hold the biggest card in the market but are too bone idle to do something about it. Every supplier pretty much stock your products and we have no choice but buy it or we'd all be out of a job.

if you go down the plastic route... you may find that the likes of Wickes and B&Q may start storing them outside and we all know how shite MF gets when it gets cold also changing to plastic will mean changing the packing process because teh bags are filled using an air system and the plastic bags will need little holes in to let the air out so the plaster can get in :)

If you change any aspect of the bag and launch it without through testing you need to make sure that the changes don't effect the product in the bag...

But I was in my local wickes and it was the same view as the photos... although I did pick up 5 bags of bonding for next to nowt so its not all bad news :)
@scottie5 @Marshy @Wezly @UKPlasteringmachines @sid88 @puddove will all back me up and say that its clear its being worked on :)

I am back @BritishGypsum on the 27th of the month with 15 TPF members and I am hoping for an update but those 15 will also see the grand scale of what is in hand :D

Last edited:
@Danny is right @bodders13 and if you have doubts? Go on the tour and see for yourself mate. @BritishGypsum are very accomadating and think you will enjoy it and perhaps see things differently after that??

Knauf mp finish?

if you go down the plastic route... you may find that the likes of Wickes and B&Q may start storing them outside and we all know how shite MF gets when it gets cold also changing to plastic will mean changing the packing process because teh bags are filled using an air system and the plastic bags will need little holes in to let the air out so the plaster can get in :)

If you change any aspect of the bag and launch it without through you need to make sure that the changes don't effect the product in the bag...

But I was in my local wickes and it was the same view as the photos... although I did pick up 5 bags of bonding for next to nowt so its not all bad news :)
@scottie5 @Marshy @Wezly @UKPlasteringmachines @sid88 @puddove will all back me up and say that its clear its being worked on :)

I am back @BritishGypsum on the 27th of the month with 15 TPF members and I am hoping for an update but those 15 will also see the grand scale of what is in hand :D

You mean such as selling thousands upon thousands of bags of plaster in bags that are not fit for the job, bg wouldnt want to do that now...

Bidston Moss. B and Q:

Couldn't get one bag that wasn't ripped to fcuk. So went a couple of miles away to Wickes in Birkenhead:

I managed to scavenge 15 bags of board together, there. I couldn't get one in B and Q, and that's the truth. It's worse than ever.
@BritishGypsum maybe you can use these as a wallpaper for your laptop. It would constantly remind you to stop focusing on worthless questionnaires, jam butty mine tours with worthless freebies, and hip hop promotional videos and to get your act together. It doesn't look like you've diluted the glue enough. I might be wrong because it is a very technical issue. Clowns

B and q in southport was the same last time I went which tbh is the first time I've seen them like this round here so I'm thinking that they have changed it for the worse!!

Joke!!

Here's a joke... I've got shitloads to finish on a job tomorrow by myself as a member on here as left me high and dry!!!! :RpS_crying:

:RpS_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.