Brick slips on a timber gable end

Members online

No members online now.

Willmatt

Hi Guys
Just coming to the end of timber frame roof/attic conversion self build and have decided to apply brick slips to the timber frame gable ends. At the moment I have osb board, with breathable waterproof membrane but wondered what’s next. Can I fix aqua panels straight to the osb and then brick slips or should I batten first etc.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Guys
Just coming to the end of timber frame roof/attic conversion self build and have decided to apply brick slips to the timber frame gable ends. At the moment I have osb board, with breathable waterproof membrane but wondered what’s next. Can I fix aqua panels straight to the osb and then brick slips or should I batten first etc.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
It should be battened out next to create cavity airflow haven't you been given anything off architect or building control

Hello buddy

you need the Slip brick clad area To be battened our first... fix exterior grade timber battens (min 25 mm deep if you are in England or Wales, 50 mm deep for Scotland or Ireland) at max 600mm centres to match the timber frame studs - through the membrane abd sheathing board into the tf studs
insect mesh to and bottom of battened area, gap Between cladding and whatever is at the bottom and top to allow airflow behind and for any moisture to escape

Fit the Knauf Aquapanel Outdoor per instructions (make sure you have the boards labelled as “Outdoor”, tape and joint using Aquapanel Exterior Joint Filler and Aquapanel Tape, allow to dry

5mm layer modern render basecoat and mesh to weatherproof and bind all the boards together... allow to dry

exterior adhesive and slip brick up - allow to dry and grout!

feel free to get in touch for more assistance, if needed

Richard Lord
Knauf
Aquapanel Technical Manager
Rlord@knauf.co.uk

Where one gable end has a ingressed balcony would the brick slips,battens aqua panels go from floor to soffits so no insect mesh For airflow.

Where one gable end has a ingressed balcony would the brick slips,battens aqua panels go from floor to soffits so no insect mesh For airflow.

Hi

I’m not exactly sure what you mean...? If you have a natural substraight, or use timber battening, it should all be ventilated top to bottom....

Do you have some drawings or images...?

Drop them to me on email and I’ll get back to you formerly

rlord@knauf.co.uk

Have you been on their recently ?

Just people posting pictures of what's for dinner
Thanks @bof
52396331_422912701852245_2759859767236100096_n.jpg.optimal.jpg