Brick effect render with raised joints ?! Any idea what this is and who can apply.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
this job is very simple to replicate.. time consuming.. but raised pointing always is... ask any tradesman!!! if you can find one

Same old thing again no one is listening to me, he has just told you you need to find a tradesman who can do it.

Thanks lucius, as it's patching/repairs and then going to be painted I'll prob get one of the guys to do it, or a local plasterer.
That wall in the u tube clip looks the job !!
pm me with a per sqm cost guide if anyone's got a suggestion please.
Thanks.

It's £120 per metre which has already been said, put your price in then get one of the guys to do it.

Don't know what your on about Render,pure Tuck pointing costs that money I only know of a few lads in London who do this and that's what it costs give or take a tenner, the job Azzuro is on about is slightly different as I understand, render with the Tuck bead applied on it no probs but not giving it large Azzuro you will go a long way to find someone to do the actual Tuck as very few people will have the tools to do it the jointer itself has not been made for many year and as rare as chicken teeths, I can do the work but as it is patching would have ,to be daywork, I will be in Worthing some time before Xmas so could take a look if you want

i have done a bit years ago on sandstone blocks i was only laughing as i didnt think it would be that much... F Me i would do it no probs for that cash

Don't think it is cash Steve I think he is a Ltd Co its tax and all that nonsense like.

Are we talking £120/ sqm, including cutting out the damaged render, prime, scratch and top coat and point.
Threre are cracks to be cut out 100mm wide, and patches, biggest 2.5 sqm, including the above, a good weeks work. Off scaffold. I'll post a site pick.
And no, can't do cash I'm afraid. It's on an old people's home as part of the exterior maintenance.

we don't discuss rates and we certainly don't price jobs for contractors, luscious has given you an idea of the cost and even offered his services, he seems to be the only one who does this type of work.

Cant really price that kind of work, blown render may seem blown in places but once you attack it can sometimes lose the whole wall I would put P.C. sum in per m2 quite high to cover yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.