Brandon

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Hi my name is Brandon and I am new on here. Im 24 and have completed my nvq's. I am starting off in buisness and hope you can give me some ideas. I have done a few jobs for my auntie and my girlfriends mum and two jobs for customers that I got out of the paper. But I can't seem to get more work. I dont know if my prices are to high or to low or the customers can see in my eyes that I am new in the buisness. When did you all start off on your own and was it slow at first before you were well known?

Whats your advertising plan? Wat u charging a day ? Remember dont discuss prices ... and welcome aboard

Thanks. How can I say what I charge if I acn't discuss prices? I advertise in Gumtree and I have given out flyers outside B and Q and tesco. I am thinking of a website.

The best plasterer dosent always get the job. You need to learn

Selling skills
Marketing skills
Networking skills
Internet marketing

Get all the above right and you get your trowel out

It takes years to know these things, you will get a feel for it after awhile, no one can really tell you. It's about you,it's about your area,

Thanks all. No not that long. About six months. I got my nvq's at a training school and just a few jobs after that. But I know its for me and I really like it.

Hi my name is Brandon and I am new on here. Im 24 and have completed my nvq's. I am starting off in buisness and hope you can give me some ideas. I have done a few jobs for my auntie and my girlfriends mum and two jobs for customers that I got out of the paper. But I can't seem to get more work. I dont know if my prices are to high or to low or the customers can see in my eyes that I am new in the buisness. When did you all start off on your own and was it slow at first before you were well known?

Welcome along Brandon, have a good read through old threads on here. Lots of good advice has been given out. Use the search bar and you will find plenty. If you are confident in your abilities and know you can do the job then sell yourself well, windy summed it up pretty well there. Learning how to market your business can be as difficult as learning the trade itself. Best of luck to you

it is survival of the fittest! without proper training your experience very limited . the only reason that someone employes a plasterer is because they cannot do the work themselves. the odds are stacked against you!

Welcome brandon !heres my tip just be honest dont be a rat ie GREEDY that's a bit rich from bagrat but im not one ! Lol good luck

Your find your way mate ,it is not rocket science plastering ,do a good clean job ,be on time ,that way ever job you do they will recommend you , always look at the job you are doing is a lead for the next one

Okay, thanks. I am charging 90 pounds a day is that to much and they want cheaper or is it to less and they don't think I am a real plasterer? Like you say only experience I suppose. I think plastering is beast but am not sure how long I can continue with no work. Should I apply to a big firm and maybe get taken on by them to work on sites?

I was 23 and fully time served with a 4 year apprenticeship. Had a disciplined training but knew all aspects of plastering.

But on nearly every job I looked at people asked the same question. 'How long have you been plastering'. No matter what I did not get most private jobs I had to rely on small builders. Even then I had to undercut the established plasterers and being young and fit I worked 8 till 6 for £5 a day less than the others. I literally had to buy work but it was in the middle of the wordt recession since the 30's.

But i persevered and got through. As said, be on time, be clean and aim for perfection. Being on a course and not time served is against you. You will make mistakes and you will learn by them. Ask for help on here and go on you tube.

good luck

welcome brandon,, when you say you arnt getting anymore work, and your prices may be too high or low does this mean you are getting lots of enquirers and pricing lots of jobs

Same as me mate just finished my 4 year apprenticeship and got my PDA and SVQ in plastering, paid off at end of my contract so now in the process of going self employed. I would recommend setting up a business page on Facebook and having all your friends and family share the page to help promote your business and you will receive quite a bit of work to get you started!

Were do u live mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.