Books

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm doing level 1 but will be doing 2 with a high possibility of 3 too. I have the level 2 book by Arthur Watkins and plastering an encyclopedia.

stagg and pegg... and theres another one that I had a college, gave it my apprentice, cant remember what its called... but as ryan says ask your instructor mate..

Surely u will go through books on your course etc and would be beneficial to stick with them same ones as them? Once u get a good idea u could get any book to learn off ? Well u no wot a mean ....... Well i do ..... Lol

City and guilds have a new level 1 and 2 book due to be released end of this month. From what I've seen they cover most of the criteria you will be expected to achieve during your time. But don't rush into buying them without speaking to your own instructor. Good luck and enjoy the trade!

Also they are also bringing out a level 3 book , but from what I have seen they seem to be very text heavy

Learn from what ever is available. Google, Bing, yahoo search etc what you want ,no one is stopping you. But don't take us for fools, these book related threads are obviously set up !!!

I can recommend a lot of books but the moderators won't let me and what is the point the student thread is set up? Well guess the moderators have beef with the publishers who took painful and lengthy time to write the plastering books. Guess we need to learn from old school plasterers where most of them are in Heaven crying over us as art of plastering is dying out.

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

not this 1 yet still life in the old dinosaur :RpS_laugh::RpS_lol:

Ryan have you got the miller book, would you suit your inquisitive nature:RpS_laugh: for the fibrous, especially the older techniques

have you got these books, ryan? i have a few by verrall somewhere, pretty in depth. have one by sawyer as well, more readable from what i remember. dont know where the fcuk they are, though ..... :RpS_confused:

Hi ryan if its the modern plastering book , most of the info has been lifted from the millar book

The modern plasterer is revised one from verral with more better English etc, as this one costs £70 - I don't have wads of cash on me but will buy it eventually

hi ryan - sell your hoodie and gypsum t-shirt to raise some capital :RpS_laugh::RpS_lol: for your books

Yeah I've got the books that most of our course work is from but its good to read other books that may expand more on different aspects or topics,if you get my drift .

JB Taylor offer general aspect of plastering but no detailed enough even no where to match up the experts.

Thats the book we used at college, it pretty much covers all you need to know, plasterings not changed too much in the last 30 years mate..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.