Bonus/tips

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jgreenplastering

Private Member
This is for anyone but more for the domestic spreads....when was the last time you got given a bonus or tip by a client and how much?

I used to get them when I first started but I think that was because I was needing the work and wanted to build my reputation so was cheaper....now I don't it's either because I got worse or my prices are what some would call high!

Had apples, pears,tomatoes,corgettes,runner beans,ostrich egg,wine,beer,£10,£20 over the years. The most recent they gave me £50 towards a powerpack.
Also had two washing machines at seperate times that they were throwing cos of the new kitchen/utility. Put them in the garage to wash my dust sheets!

I haven't had any tips really ever (being crap, they probably can't wait for me to leave and get the pros in)

I quite often get tips, mate. Thet are usaually in the twenty pounds range. I float and set two chimney breasts two weeks back and the old woman said there's something extra in there for you. I thanked her and pulled over when around the corner in the van and counted the reddies and here was a thirty quid tip. It was a poor part of town as well and I had not undercharged on the job. It was good money. But I thought I would double it and put it on a dog and lost it. I won't do that again

When we was working in Maastricht we got fed and watered in all the customers houses and our last day before we traveled home for Xmas the customer bought us a bottle of wine each and a box of chocolates

I have had a few here and there,as someone else said they're usually about £20. We had a job two years ago at Xmas time and they bought all the lads an Xmas goodie bag with a mug from moonpig with different slogans for each tradesman,wine,port,chocolates and a load of other stuff and they then cooked us a full Xmas dinner the day before we broke up,lovely people who were extremely grateful for the work we all did.
Early year a small group of different trades all renovated and finished a hotel/bar in a three week period and the landlords took the lads to hooters in hummer limos and all expenses paid and a tab at the bar:birra:

I did some work for an older couple once and the woman was sound. She hung around chatting a bit and started saying how she was only with her husband because he was well off and met him at a time she needed stability for her children. 30 years had gone by and she grew to love him but she still loved a good drink (mid-late 50's) and he was a bit too reserved. She gave me £20 as i was cleaning up then the husband comes home. He thanked me and tried to give me a £30 tip on top.

I'm trying to decline the tip but this womans behind his back giving me thumbs up and "joking" that he has loads and i should just take it.

I felt awful but i got over it.

I get tips fairly often , more in the way of giving an extra tenner or score on top.
I dont go ripping nice folk off and i think it pays back that way.

Recent job we did , the lady was a bit batty , used to make us these fine lunches , that job ran over a fair bit :)
Smoked salmon and eggs, cheese and grapes , fruit salads etc that sort of thing , she gave me £100 when i was cleaning up.

Im like a magpie too , stuff people throw out is wild , love a job with a skip , always plenty of pickings :)

Im like a magpie too , stuff people throw out is wild , love a job with a skip , always plenty of pickings :)[/QUOTE]

It that you calling in to all my jobs to see what's in the skip. ;)

As a bucket bitch years ago I got given an iPod by the client, not bad considering I'd only been on the job for 6 weeks. The 4 other trades got a bosch impact driver each... I wasn't complaing though

It's nice just for the appreciation sometimes ,without tips !!

Did a job last year
Nice young lady got me a load of cans
... I am not a big drinker anyways so gave them to the lad who works for me ..he was happy ! ...
She became a friend of mine
Through that job ...
But not like you thinking (y)lol

Last year a customer went to debenhams and got rosie some clothes. Only worked there two days aswell. Few months back i did a kitchen for the same firm and had a flat tyre. Over an Hour or so from home. the customer got his 240v compressor out. Pumped it up in seconds and as i went to shake his hand to say thanks he slipped a £20 note in and said no arguing off you go. best thing was because it was so far away the firm priced it really well in case i had to stay late to save going back the Next day. I was finished for 3. The same firm regularly get bottles of wine etc to share out between the lads. I find it tends to happen more when you're part of a project rather than just skimming a room

Last year a customer went to debenhams and got rosie some clothes. Only worked there two days aswell. Few months back i did a kitchen for the same firm and had a flat tyre. Over an Hour or so from home. the customer got his 240v compressor out. Pumped it up in seconds and as i went to shake his hand to say thanks he slipped a £20 note in and said no arguing off you go. best thing was because it was so far away the firm priced it really well in case i had to stay late to save going back the Next day. I was finished for 3. The same firm regularly get bottles of wine etc to share out between the lads. I find it tends to happen more when you're part of a project rather than just skimming a room

nice..

Status
Not open for further replies.