bonding

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all ;D
got to do a ceiling on monday in a flat the ceiling is concrete and is artexed the patten is broken leather going to bond it then two coat skim how long hav i got to leave the bonding befor i can skim it as would like to do it in one day its not a big ceiling used bonding befor on walls ect but not on ceiling and not over artex but when i came to scrap it its coming off in chunks any help will be great many thanks ;D

overboard it ;D
as soon as its dry mate about 2 hours tops from when you finished lying it on

spunky said:
overboard it ;D
as soon as its dry mate about 2 hours tops from when you finished lying it on
its a concreat lid spunky,i would just scrape off high points and pva then skim

Hi Lads

Many thanks and i would lov to over board it lol

but about 2 hours you say then skim sounds good to me realy did not want to drag it out over 2 days so thanks again ;D

Don't bother with bonding mate just scrape high points, pva,
thick 1st coat then 2nd coat once it's firmed up.
I waited 3hrs for bonding to go off once on a ceiling :eek: never again!
My mate put quick set cement in bonding on a ceiling & skimmed it he said once it had dried out it had cracked in areas :D
Just skim it you can always put a 3rd coat on if need be.
But I've never had to do that.

Hi Lads

Was just thinking of bonding as we hav taken off the coving and u can c the concrete slap no artex nothing but as we are tiling and will not be putting the coving back thought bonding coat would be a good idea and giv it a better finish ;D

LOL

No mate not tiling the ceiling but tiling up to the ceiling but the tilies are 9mm thick and with the tile adhesive you lose the coving edge and it looks crap :mad: but saying that did Put mirror tilies on ceiling that i skimed once for a nice lady LOL ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.