Bonding over tile adhesive half height only??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ky12

Happy new year guys. So I've removed tiles in bathroom which has left behind solid adhesive. The tiles went half way up the wall. What's the best way to get a smooth entire wall? Without seeing a raised bit where the adhesive was? Thanks in advanced

I would scrape off the adhesive,fill any large holes then pva/pre Grit and skim.:RpS_thumbup:

I have always scraped off as much as I can then pva then put a tight coat of bonding over the whole lot and then skim :)

Cheers guys. Danny, when you say the whole lot, you mean bond over the non tiled smooth wall to bring all flush. Then on with the skim?

Try wetting the addy with warm water it often softens and scrapes easier, then knoock up a mix of Bonding and multil and cover the whole wall, finnish as normal

Just out of interest got the future...what makes a cost of plaster a 'tight coat' compared with normal? Or is there no difference?

Just out of interest got the future...what makes a cost of plaster a 'tight coat' compared with normal? Or is there no difference?
eg,bonding 11mm normal(,bonding at 2 or 3mm tight coat):RpS_thumbup:

Hi all... First post :)
Wallpaper steamer is good for softening up tile adhesive making it easier to scrape off...

Hi all... First post :)
Wallpaper steamer is good for softening up tile adhesive making it easier to scrape off

Hi all, first post :)
Wallpaper steamer is good for softening up tile adhesive easier to scrape off... Hope that helps

Hi all, first post :)
Wallpaper steamer is good for softening up tile adhesive easier to scrape off... Hope that helps

Like I said, first post, thought I'd make it count by putting it up 4 times... Sorry, didn't realise it wasn't instant, just assumed it didn't work as no feed back from the app, wasn't until I posted from the Web I got message saying it would appear after moderation :-S

Like I said, first post, thought I'd make it count by putting it up 4 times... Sorry, didn't realise it wasn't instant, just assumed it didn't work as no feed back from the app, wasn't until I posted from the Web I got message saying it would appear after moderation :-S

yeah me too ! sorry !,, :RpS_blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.