Bonding bubbles.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac82

Was just wondering how to minimise the blebs when skimming on to bonding. As I've got a whole room to bond out and skim. Cheers.

Put a strong mix of pva on it. Let that dry, then when it comes to skimming pva it again and skim when the pva gone tacky.

add some multi when you knock up the bonding. firm up. multi. dont keep messing with it and as little water as possible. plazzis good for later stages with the multi.

If you get any bubbles they will come out in later stages of troweling sometimes don't second coat straight away this helps and not to much water on first trowel even if is pulling in only PVa bonding if you leave it for next day if you carn't keep up with it

Skim same day so only put bonding on places u know u will skim in afternoon , no need to pva, get it on nice and flat and finish as normal , the blebs will come out with a trowel when multi is fully set , the actual wall will stil be flat just needs your trowel on edge to take the. Off :)

Trowel the bonding up like you would skimming and skim it when its still tacky,skims a treat with no blebs

It's not always a good idea to remove all the key. Like you say, if you catch it tacky it should become one. Leave it too long though and you might have troubles.

Skim same day so only put bonding on places u know u will skim in afternoon , no need to pva, get it on nice and flat and finish as normal , the blebs will come out with a trowel when multi is fully set , the actual wall will stil be flat just needs your trowel on edge to take the. Off :)

ditto that mate

If it bubbles after you've put a trowel over you're first coat give it 5 mins or so then trowel it again or till you're squishing them a bit then second coat

scrape artex, pva, mix bonding and hardwall 50 50 devil float and skim all on the same day.

id scrape, pva and then a first coat of 50/50 multi & bonding. 2nd coat multi. Job done:RpS_thumbup:

sod 3 coating on essentially a re-skim

i,d scrape pva bond it pva again skim it then over board it on top of batterns then knock it down and start again and charge them twice plus 10 per cent for all the trouble they caused me the T***s ...........

Status
Not open for further replies.