bonding and skim mixed together

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

0121bcfc

what's the best way to achieve the best finish ,seems to be hanging too ,takes 2 hours to get a finish on it atm ,is there a way to speed it up ? cheers

You can speed up the setting time by adding Salt to the mix. you don't need much so don't over do it...maybe quarter of a handful per bag. Too much and it can crack.

I don't do much plastering these days so haven't tried this, which is probably why ive put on a couple of stone...its not the beer .... honestly... but I was told recently that plastic trowels give a really good finish.

I use it all the time on patches etc , dirty water makes it go off quicker . Got to get used to it though , can go off in ten mins or still take a hour and a half etc . Depends how much u swirl ur cleaning bucket making it dirtier

Forget all that bumf! If you wanna be away quick sharp and you have the skills use yesterday's mucky water ie! What u clean your paddle off in dirty splash water!! Danger to the numptys do not attempt this if you are not competant with a trowel!! As you will fail!!!:musculoso:

Just board it. Stick the board on with bonding and then skim straight away. Get paid in cash

Cement and dirty water in bonding will weaken the mix and fail ,I learnt the hard way 25 years ago and never done it since

just to go off topic lads heres a tip for the upcoming grass cutting season if y splash y lawn with whiskey it comes up half cut bum bum

to be honest if you don't know how to make plaster set quick I guess you wont be competent to use it quick! learn your trade correctly first , not a dig but true:cachetada:

Cement and dirty water in bonding will weaken the mix and fail ,I learnt the hard way 25 years ago and never done it since

I could understand with the cement , dirty water is just gypsum based though . What do u mean fail ? I havnt had a problem with dirty water , obv not off sticky . Just skimming and bonding its been used for . Cement thou i could see problems

I could understand with the cement , dirty water is just gypsum based though . What do u mean fail ? I havnt had a problem with dirty water , obv not off sticky . Just skimming and bonding its been used for . Cement thou i could see problems
Ct I'm not a scientist just 33 years experience

wat? because you learn how to make a quick set in your 5 year apprenticeship don't you? or are you a 5 minute man ?
you ask a silly question that any plasterer worth his salt knows, its not rocket science is it

5 year apprenticeship ? not a plumber mate or electrician ,if we all knew everything grandad there wouldnt be a forum would they ???????

not a grandad but 32yrs plastering and yes 5 years apprenticeship ,pebble dashing, tyrolene, rendering ,screeding ,tiling ,float and set is all plastering you know not just dot n dab and skim you numpty

well if it was a 5 year course i would have no longer a 5 year course ,for someone who u call a dot and dabber im doing quite alight for myself ,so you gonna answer the question or gonna be a dick all your life

mucky water you wash out with ,or cement just a handful or you wont use it in time you have been told by others or warm water, good luck with it!

Ct I'm not a scientist just 33 years experience

Not having a go just curious , never had a problem with dirty water . Havnt tried cement cos the dirty water works for me with no fails apart from the odd bucket with it set in ! And always thought cement and gypsum sounds no good ! I would only use it for building out walls abit and patches etc , if i was floating etc just normal water

I still have a few years under my belt and my dad and grandad and great grandad .... Lol i know ur a knowledgable bloke on here and you know the crack ! Just curious on the fails as id rather know before i get one ! Haha :)

Not having a go just curious , never had a problem with dirty water . Havnt tried cement cos the dirty water works for me with no fails apart from the odd bucket with it set in ! And always thought cement and gypsum sounds no good ! I would only use it for building out walls abit and patches etc , if i was floating etc just normal water
Ct I know u wasn't aving a pop ,mate ,
And I wasn't either, might of sounded a bit harsh now reading it back , if it did my apologies ,I just wouldn't do it mate, may be but only maybe on Eml cod of the key

You can only speak as you find ct and if it works for Ya then I would just carry on

Status
Not open for further replies.