Bonding and multi 50/50 over artex

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpankySouthport

Private Member
First time I've tried this probably put about 50/50 in the end, well first coat 50/50 second coat full muilti piss coat..

hanging around all fckin day so I have put the whole room on 50m2 ish still loads of time??!!

Expecting it to just flash dry the whole lot at some point :/

this gauge is about 3 hours in what should I be expecting??

Well, its a cold day, did you let the first coat pull in a good bit before the second went on, speed skim might have sped it up a bit, I think fifty fifty is a bit much, a few handfuls would of been enough I think, how cold was the room before you started, all makes it slower

Well, its a cold day, did you let the first coat pull in a good bit before the second went on, speed skim might have sped it up a bit, I think fifty fifty is a bit much, a few handfuls would of been enough I think, how cold was the room before you started, all makes it slower

not frezzing bud, let it pull in a bit like, speed skimmed the 50/50, not the piss coat, not complaining really as I had tomorrow booked in for it as well, just wondering is this the norm for 50/50? Didn't mean to put 50/50 tbh just ended up something near, it's starting to pull in a bit now like, nice Sunday wage as it should be! :RpS_thumbup:

This sort of set could be four and a half hours in this cold high humidity weather, enjoy, I am on the sofa watching tv..

Putting bonding into finish doesn't really speed up the set. I'm guessing you have near zero suction and a fairly thick first coat so it'll take a while to pick up.

There's a good chance it will flash set on you.

When I do it, I mix the multi first until it just starts to thicken up, then add a few handfulls of bonding to the right consistency.
It does tend to hang a bit more if there is more bonding in it.

Use this quite a lot over artex, normally 60/70 % multi then rest bonding. Setting time is slightly longer than just multi and it does tend to flash set.

This sort of set could be four and a half hours in this cold high humidity weather, enjoy, I am on the sofa watching tv..

The set finished about 4, got home about 4:30 and realised I had to price a job gutted wasn't the word!! :(, just got in!! Back at it tomorrow! Gonna have to take a day off this week worked solid the last 16 days! Grim stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.