bond it contractors grade pva

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

harvey2012

has any one else used this product, i bought a load from a company called obas building supplies but it hardly seems to have any adhesive qualities i recently got called back to a job i did four months ago, a chimney breast i'd skimmed had debonded i'm worried now that its the product and that i might have this problem with all the jobs i've used it on.

Yes used it thought it was c..p only use everbuild blue label PVa don't buy nothing from obas as they just hound me with calls all the time

Is it that blue bottle mate?price isn't always a Guide to quality,I've used wickes pva for years and it whips the sh@t out of travis Perkins rubbish.

Wickes is owned by Travis Perkins, same stuff probably?
I've got 16 5lts tubs of Bond it in stores!

Worst ever pva was B&Q sold in 10 ltr tubs, had the adhesive strenth of milk.. Coming to think of it I did once use it when we had no milk for tea.

Is it that blue bottle mate?price isn't always a Guide to quality,I've used wickes pva for years and it whips the sh@t out of travis Perkins rubbish.
thats it a blue bottle sez it can do everything on the label,i think i'm in trouble i've used it on loads of jobs used it yesterday morning on an artex ceiling.

Only ever use SBR i keep say this!! also PVA & SBR are watered down my the manufactures ,so they can sell them cheaper !! but you then who have bought in good faith have an inferior product that you use ,then you get a failure and the own-us is on you ,..... think-about it........

get some decent pva and mix it with your shite stuff, no water involved certain pva is already watered down,personally i like unibond but expence passes on from customers everbuild is ok but check it b4 adding water:RpS_thumbup:

tool station sell everbuild and feb if there is one near you where in yorkshire are you? failing that wickes pva has never given me any problems
everbuild is in yorkshire , try your local builders merchants all of them that is, one of them will stock it ,

Only ever use SBR i keep say this!! also PVA & SBR are watered down my the manufactures ,so they can sell them cheaper !! but you then who have bought in good faith have an inferior product that you use ,then you get a failure and the own-us is on you ,..... think-about it........[/
what mix do you use for sbr when you're skimming

Status
Not open for further replies.