Bolllocks

Members online

Alan b

IMG_20200821_093114930.jpg

Aye 2 coats of PVA, levels with bonding and skimmed with multi
This isn't a criticism but it can happen if the pva mix is to strong especially if the bonding isn't keyed. It's like the pva holds back the suction but the multi doesn't bond to the bonding and just sits on a skin of pva. Obviously I'm just surmising could be something else entirely.

This isn't a criticism but it can happen if the pva mix is to strong especially if the bonding isn't keyed. It's like the pva holds back the suction but the multi doesn't bond to the bonding and just sits on a skin of pva. Obviously I'm just surmising could be something else entirely.
No mate, it was the bonding coat that's failed, initially I thought it was the humidity in tha place caused the PVA to fail but fk knows. Never had bonding fall before normally sticks like shite to a blanket

The bonding let go and brought the top coat with it
Taking a closer look you can see that, could be the ceiling has been painted with vinyl silk and there's not enough suction to draw the moisture out of the bonding and skim and its lost its bond.

Taking a closer look you can see that, could be the ceiling has been painted with vinyl silk and there's not enough suction to draw the moisture out of the bonding and skim and its lost its bond.
bonding is for low suction substrates .

@JessThePlasterer

The bonding today ain’t as good as it was years ago.
I’ve had it fail myself years ago over artex,best just skim it over or overboard it.

Good to see you have balls to post it. It has happened to most of us.some can be explained others cant. The older you get the more you see. And the more you learn.
Pick yourself up and move on,30 years without a fail is good going.
Its only your pride that will be hurt,not life and death i hope.☺
The problem is, I have the upstairs to do next, semi vaulted ceilings , so.. have I done something wrong ? or is it just a freak reaction with the substrate and is it going to happen again. The one in the photo has no bond whatsoever if I touch it more falls , is a f**k**g nightmare

The bonding today ain’t as good as it was years ago.
I’ve had it fail myself years ago over artex,best just skim it over or overboard it.
Hangs like f**k on surfaces that have next to no suction, you when when the pva is still to wet after an hour your bonding coat will be the same.