boken leather effect render

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah ime wrong here just whent back to the beginning its S+C so cant be Venician Stuccom pics please.
Lucius

naz said:
its like that but it flows horizontal and not all over the place if u get what i mean
seriously though that sounds like bark effect but running horizontally...
boken leather effect render

naz said:
the dark one looks a bit like it, damn where do u find the pics
just type 'bark effect' or 'broken leather' or 'textured render finishes' into google then search 'images'...
bring up the image in another window..
right click over it... view 'properties'...
copy the url...
paste it into the 'insert image' brackets..

The brown one i did last year but that was with plaster it was done with a special roller i found it best to spray it with wd40 to stop the plaster sticking to the roller not sure if it would work wiith SC but i have found it in my book its called English cottage texture i will give you the instructions but not sure if it will help.
Apply a thin backing coat about eigth of an inch. Feather with a square trowel. Pinch of the stucco in all directions.Use twisting feathering aplications to form slightly curved ridges, varying the amount of morter, the direction and length of strokes and the twisting motion will vary the texture. Their you go easy.
Lucius

plasterjfe said:
you can get finish top coat ready to go from a bucket, to be applied over your backing render, and rubbed up to leave the desired texture. there is a huge range of finishes available. if the customer is dead set on a dragged finish from the sand and cement then prob get a geezer who has done it before to help you

This requirement seems simillar to what I want shot of lol. Haven't got many answers on my thread. Though i'm wondering if I could use this top coat you mention, and just finish it of flat ish!! LOL..

see my post
http://www.plasterersforum.co.uk/plasterers-forum/index.php/topic,2518.0.html

R.E. your job mac..
all listed building/heritage stuff aside..
couldnt you just fire a load of eml over the top, fixed into the laths and 2 coat render it as normal? renders only as good as the substrate after all..

Render and rub up as normal let it go firm then mix up a well mixed wetish gauge trowel it on like skim , pop a plastic bag over a artex stipple brush loosely and keep weting it . its hard to describe how to make the broken leather affect but its basically work the stipple brush in random up,down side to side with part circle motion easier to do than explain I'm afraid

i still think it would be better done in highbuild trowel it on then pattern it it would be more flexible ontop of render also coulors to choose from no painting after

church said:
Render and rub up as normal let it go firm then mix up a well mixed wetish gauge trowel it on like skim , pop a plastic bag over a artex stipple brush loosely and keep weting it . its hard to describe how to make the broken leather affect but its basically work the stipple brush in random up,down side to side with part circle motion easier to do than explain I'm afraid
would you still use a standard 'platering' sand for it church or something a bit softer?

yes mate soft washed .... i should of said that sorry , i done one a few years ago , worked well

nice one, no debonding probs then? light scratch? any lime or a bit weaker? sorry sppose no, possibly and weak are the answers.. sppose its all in the timing when you apply?

yes mate its a timing thing nice and firm and green same mix as the top coat its only a skim to make the pattern work

ha
Chris W said:
excellent.. good skills mate...

Having said that mate , i have only ever done that pattern once and it was in the summer so ....... it might not work in the colder months .

thats what would worry me mate, as you say its all in the timing and that could be the difference between success and complete failure... id be sh't scared of it blowing..
you reckon it would work ok over a flat suface and sbr slurry?

ill bet if you wrap some old rag up tight and roll it up the spread just before you would normally float you aint gonna be far off...
maybe even roll up a chunk of dpm or similar plastic..

looks like pargetting mate where they finish with a brush to bring it up then run a float on to take marks out

dont think the rag will work imo it looks like a skip trowel sponged as setting.in oz they would do this with a tyrolean gun and instead of spraying a slurry type material would spray regular thickness s+c run a trowell over it to knock it down and this is nwhat they called tyrolean i think this has had that type of finish but sponged over to soften the humps and bumps still think these type of fishes are tuff to match a bit like handwriting

Status
Not open for further replies.