Board joints moved

Members online

Northers

Boarded bottom part of 2.7m high walls with 300mm pieces yesterday. Solid after about an hour. Came back today and all cut boards have curled/moved! Joints now out of flush by about 5mm!
Never experienced this before, anyone got any ideas why?

Boarded bottom part of 2.7m high walls with 300mm pieces yesterday. Solid after about an hour. Came back today and all cut boards have curled/moved! Joints now out of flush by about 5mm!
Yeah buy 2.7m boards in future.

we have the same problem
frames are twisted
20220325_085617.jpg

I thought it was only carpenters board with the timber studs.
Plasterers board across the studs.
You don't board with the timber joists on ceilings you always go across and you should do the same the the studs.
If you got one stud out or twisted it is easier to lose if you go across with the boards.

You don't board with the timber joists on ceilings you always go across and you should do the same the the studs.
If you got one stud out or twisted it is easier to lose if you go across with the boards.
You are supposed to fix the boards vertically, with the studs.

The issue I had was with boards bonded to pva’d brickwork. They were solid and flat after an hour then moved out of flush by about 5mm overnight!
Used Gtec bonding compound for 1st time never had this happen in last 30+ years…very weird…

What a load of shite

Only people I’ve saw tack across the timbers on walls is the yanks for some reason big f**k off sheets of drywall as they like to call it

Do you walk along walls?

Spider Man Trailer GIF

Are you saying the plasterboards are fixed across the joist to make them less likely to move and cause cracking due to people waking above?

And people do not walk along walls their can not be any movement or cracking on the rip joints?

Then we both agree that across the joist or across the timber stud, reduces the chance of cracking on the joints.

Spider Man Trailer GIF

Are you saying the plasterboards are fixed across the joist to make them less likely to move and cause cracking due to people waking above?

And people do not walk along walls their can not be any movement or cracking on the rip joints?

Then we both agree that across the joist or across the timber stud, reduces the chance of cracking on the joints.
All joints on a stud wall should be on to a timber.

Spider Man Trailer GIF

Please show me where it says go across studs on walls!? I do 100s of houses per year.do u not think somebody would of said something? Are you diy?