Board joins/dubbing out

Members online

sammoseley

Hi
Had a few issues over the years with occasionally seeing board joins and also sometimes it being thick around beads so doesn't come out quite right, question is how long before can you dub out angles/fill board joins as I've only ever done it with the main gauge and skimmed over straight away. If you do it say couple of hours before does it pull in like mad on you? Or even day before. Sorry lads basic question but always appreciate the help on this forum
Cheers
Sam

Hi
Had a few issues over the years with occasionally seeing board joins and also sometimes it being thick around beads so doesn't come out quite right, question is how long before can you dub out angles/fill board joins as I've only ever done it with the main gauge and skimmed over straight away. If you do it say couple of hours before does it pull in like mad on you? Or even day before. Sorry lads basic question but always appreciate the help on this forum
Cheers
Sam
You can either mix a bit of stiff gear first to dub out then by the time youve had a sandwich and a brew and mix up your good to go. If you rather do this the day before? brush them flat then following day a bit of watered down pva to stop exessive suction

I normally do all the tape joints of the hit I'm gonna do then drop back and start skimming or go with what marshy has said

Cheers yeah that's what I do assuming you mean using the first mix for it. Do you do the same with all the beaded externals? I fix the beads too at that point which is probably a bit lazy and should do it before

Each to their own but Personally dont see the need if boarding is good. Otherwise its like three coats over one part of board and two the rest

I only do it to avoid seeing board join shadows after its been painted, occasionally had an issue with it, maybe it's something else I'm doing wrong tho :ROFLMAO:

I only do it to avoid seeing board join shadows after its been painted, occasionally had an issue with it, maybe it's something else I'm doing wrong tho :ROFLMAO:

I think I mainly do it to bed the scrim in.. and to be sure its all stuck properly and I have not missed any... maybe.. or its just force of habit :D