board fixing not the normal method

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkycarl

Right here we go
I was asked today what would be the best way to fix boards onto a wallpaper wall without getting the wallpaper off the existing wall is dot and dab and concrete external walls the only way I could think of was drill and plug but he said they tried that but the drywall went straight through because of the drill bit hole being present so said you need some sort of washers which I could not think of any that would not make them stick out of the board plus the screw would any of you know if there is a way round this
Don't say rip them off that's a no
Strip the paper no
The boards need to go on without any stripping or bashing

image.jpeg

I was thinking down that line off scoring the paper but that could fail if the paper lifts with no proper fixings I'm going to look at the mushroom fixing type or something else if my brain works

That's what I said the reason being there's 5 layers of paper and there are 4 walls to do plus they just papered straight onto the boards

Good l
Right here we go
I was asked today what would be the best way to fix boards onto a wallpaper wall without getting the wallpaper off the existing wall is dot and dab and concrete external walls the only way I could think of was drill and plug but he said they tried that but the drywall went straight through because of the drill bit hole being present so said you need some sort of washers which I could not think of any that would not make them stick out of the board plus the screw would any of you know if there is a way round this
Don't say rip them off that's a no
Strip the paper no
The boards need to go on without any stripping or bashing
Good luck:frio:

If the walls already dabbed you could try to find the existing dabs with the tap of a knuckle mark them and then fix the battens through that and it won't pull in.
To be honest if you use concrete screws and a washer as long as you drill into the blocks at least a inch that would grab enough and not pull through.
Plus use 9.5 to help with the weight if your worried about it coming off.
Or smash some holes in the boards where the fixing will go, put some dab in there the day before and then fix away.

Lucky for me I will be on the skimming good luck to the boarders
9.5 boards will be used what happens is the rip out gang go in and remove the kitchen and bathroom tiles .units but all services will remain in place just and just moved from the wall just to allow a plaster board to go behind so battens can't be used there are 90 flats to do I just so glad I'm not boarding but i know that there are people on here that have a lot of knowledge and experience than I do so thanks for your replies

Get some 6 inch nails and bang them through the boards straight into the wall and jobs a good un I've done it loads and never been called back once[emoji106]

Used these a few times.

There used. For the newton system but I've used them for fixing boards plenty of times, just drill the hole and bang em on, they sot as flush as you want them too.

Skim takes fine to them.too.

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_images(5).jpg

Lucky for me I will be on the skimming good luck to the boarders
9.5 boards will be used what happens is the rip out gang go in and remove the kitchen and bathroom tiles .units but all services will remain in place just and just moved from the wall just to allow a plaster board to go behind so battens can't be used there are 90 flats to do I just so glad I'm not boarding but i know that there are people on here that have a lot of knowledge and experience than I do so thanks for your replies

Well make sure you take everything you need with you when you start the job. Important things will be some hay and mints for the horses, and some metal polish for the main contractor's spurs. (y)

Well make sure you take everything you need with you when you start the job. Important things will be some hay and mints for the horses, and some metal polish for the main contractor's spurs. (y)
Roflwpmslabw [emoji1][emoji1]

As above. They do step out a touch so keep an eye on them. You can get it about a fiver each at tool and fix.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.