board cutters

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
There ok mate obviously you have to adjust them a lot and the measurements on them are always out so you still need to Mark on the board with a normal tape and not sure how easy you can get refill blades ......if you can put up with that little lot theere alright

Rock try this instead, mark your measurement on the board as usual, them instead of using the knife and tape, just use the end of the tape, you can hold it firmly and get a decent line, push hard and once your done it gives the knife a channel to run down free hand

Rock try this instead, mark your measurement on the board as usual, them instead of using the knife and tape, just use the end of the tape, you can hold it firmly and get a decent line, push hard and once your done it gives the knife a channel to run down free hand

Good tip that...

OR..........................

Wrap a piece of string around yer stanley knife, mark the top of the board with the tape then just run the knife down the board. The string is a substitute for the tape:RpS_thumbup:

hmmmmmmmmm its not that i cant use the tape trick but i do mess up a bit with slightly curved cuts that then take longer to sort than using a straight edge in the first place, i have seen but cant now find another tool for this procedure where you put your knife in a slot a you get a straight cut

That's what I mean mate, because your not holding a knife you can hold the metal end of the tape really firmly and you'll get a decent straight line, then just run your knife down it afterwards.

Just a Stanley and a good tape as was said bit of practice no probs and no extra tools needed.

If you can't cut it straight, mark the measurment on the top & bottom of board & cut it with a knife & straight edge:RpS_thumbup:

If you cant get the hang of the tape and knife just use the tape and pencil then freehand it, no time for messing about with squares and the like when on price

lucius, no need for a pencil, just use the metal end on the tape. hold it down firmly and it gives you the line to work to, your knife follows the line the tape made

Iknow that mate just trying to find an easy way for the lads who struggle with the knife tape technique

i will try that method beddy - cant say ive ever thought about doing it that way....

so am i the only one who marks top n bottom and then cuts with blade using a (clean) feather edge as a guide???

gitznshizzles, try doing that when you are on site and youve got anywhere from 50-100 boards to cut in a day. you soon learn the quicker way lol

Rock I use to turn the tape round so you can push the blade against the bit that sticks out if that makes any sense

Status
Not open for further replies.