Board adhesive

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve28

How far does a bag of board adhesive go? I have a wall thats about 13ftx7.5ft high that is exposed brick and needs plastering, it has a door and a window in that area.

I was just wondering if it would be cheaper and quicker to bond rather than mess on cutting boards in an awkard patch. The wall is an external wall in a conservatory, the wall is perfectly straight. What do you's reckon?

if your not use to float and setting then your straight wall will no longer be straight if you use bonding so in your case id say dot & dab is your best option

lot lot easier to dab that mate, 4 boards, 2 adhesive, might even do it in one bag if youre tight with it (thin), bag usually does me about 3 boards but i cheat a bit and dab across the joint, 2 in the middle...
to do it by the book you need to make sure you have a continous line down the skirting edge, bout 1/2 a bag to 1 board (8x4)
bout an hours work including clean up
all assuming its a cavity wall...single skin will cause you damp problems if you dab it or hardwall it...in which case i'd batten it with 25x50 treated tile lath@400 ctrs, fit 25mm cellotex inbetween and screw 1/2" board to the battens...

Ok i think I will board then, the only problem with that it that the doors and windows aren't recessed into the wall and so it would be difficult to put small strips of plaster board down the insides, so whats the remedy for that then or do you just get on with it the best you can?

sounds like single skin to me mate...am i right?? in which case, batten it, then that creates a 37mm reveal...use a bit of inch x 2 for a mini window board..

Status
Not open for further replies.