Blue circle High build

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

User________removed

Private Member
Does anyone know how easy it is to remove Blue circle High build ? Will it soften up and come off with a heat gun ?

Will be hacking off and rendering the front of my Mums house at some point this year, the house has an arched porch with three key stones in it, Back in the day when money was tight my old man got hold of a load of high-build and pretty much did everything in it, once hacked off i want to take the key stones back to smooth so they can be painted.

So no great area to do just wondered if anyone has any experience in removing this stuff ?

without seeing it a would I think a scabbler would suit. any chance of some pics? your buns look awesome, do you workout? :RpS_drool:

Back home now mate will get some pics tomorrow if i can. A scabbler would ruin the key stones i would think, i need to try and scrape it back smooth so it they can just be painted.

High Build is like many of the plastic coatings going around in the late 80's and early 90's. When it is on render or cement then not a problem but stuck direct onto brick? That is a job on it's own. One job we did was all direct on brick. it had lifted on the joints but we'll stuck to the brick face. Chisels bounced of and needle guns had no effect. In the end we had a big blow torch, the type flat roof felters use. We burnt it off and for the bit that had soaked into the brick we angle grinded it off.

If I was to come over a wall covered in this stuff again direct on brick I would give it a miss.

Think ill either burn it off or do it with a linisher, ill get a pic up tomorrow, theres only three of them, i always remember them being like a smooth pre-cast stone, everyone used to paint them. The old man just got carried away with his freebee High build. The rest not a problem as its going back to brick.

would that soda blasting you told me about the other week not be an option?. or will it not be coarse enough stuff to blast it off??

Status
Not open for further replies.