Bloody customers

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

markj

I priced to plaster a hole house.
They said when can you start ...I said 1St October which was about 6 weeks away. ..
They said ok (happy days)
So all booked in then 1st October comes I turn up and they say we are running behind ..... (hum not happy am I )
Ok I say how long do you think 3/4 weeks they say.....
I lost 3 job's in that time because I was telling people I was booked up for over month and they wouldn't wait..
Scratching around for 3 weeks trying to keep busy.. (sort of made it )
Then when I get there they have removed some walls added some block work walls and they tell me ....
I know you was only down to do the bathroom ceiling but now it all needs to be floated and skimed so (trying to be nice I do it in the price And they find out that they are changing the windows and doors on the back...
And can I come back and make good after...
Oh and icing on the cake today a tiler turns up to tile the hole bathroom floor to ceiling.....
Glad I put so much effort in to it

End of rant ....

Sounds like communication breakdown on both sides.....

but feck it ...rant on mate....let it out....

its nearly crimbo:RpS_biggrin:

i would have ****** them off after turning up the first time and them not being ready. even if it had been a day or two behind they should have told you. **** them.

"I priced to plaster a hole house" were they mice :RpS_confused:

i do not care what extras the customers throw at me as i would have requoted for the work.
i would have told the customer to phone me when the work is ready, not stand about scratching my arse for 3 weeks on the strength of their job.

I never do the booking in thing.i take on as much as possible then juggle what i have on.there is 6 of us mind

That sounds good when there is a few of you but when you are on your own it just gets a bit much and then people start moaning

i would have ****** them off after turning up the first time and them not being ready. even if it had been a day or two behind they should have told you. **** them.

"I priced to plaster a hole house" were they mice :RpS_confused:

Thats what gets me thay had 6 weeks to say things are running behind ....

"Hole house" you must be England mate are you?

agree woukd of told them to get someone else in if they never phoned you but to be honest I think I would of checked couple of weeks before to make sure it was still on for the 1st

I priced to plaster a hole house.
They said when can you start ...I said 1St October which was about 6 weeks away. ..
They said ok (happy days)
So all booked in then 1st October comes I turn up and they say we are running behind ..... (hum not happy am I )
Ok I say how long do you think 3/4 weeks they say.....
I lost 3 job's in that time because I was telling people I was booked up for over month and they wouldn't wait..
Scratching around for 3 weeks trying to keep busy.. (sort of made it )
Then when I get there they have removed some walls added some block work walls and they tell me ....
I know you was only down to do the bathroom ceiling but now it all needs to be floated and skimed so (trying to be nice I do it in the price And they find out that they are changing the windows and doors on the back...
And can I come back and make good after...
Oh and icing on the cake today a tiler turns up to tile the hole bathroom floor to ceiling.....
Glad I put so much effort in to it

End of rant ....
What you do now is **** them about,if some work comes in leave the job for a few days !

"Hole house" you must be England mate are you?

agree woukd of told them to get someone else in if they never phoned you but to be honest I think I would of checked couple of weeks before to make sure it was still on for the 1st

I am English its the auto correct on my phone and as I had a few beers didn't notice ho hum

ive had enough of fcukwit customers the last week or two. just dont have the patience for it of late. im breaking bad. told a couple tonight to fcuk off. first time ive ever been that blunt. spent a half hour going around their house looking at the work that needed doing and giving advice etc. horrible patching job after they'd had a rewire and new windows fitted. plus a couple of rooms with glossed over artex walls and ceilings. while i'm explaining what needs doing the rude bitch gives a really theatrical yawn like shes bored to fcuk :RpS_mad: i stop talking to her dimwit husband and look at her and she gets a bit carried way with herself. how long will it take etc? said i'd get back to them tomorrow with a price. it shouldn't take more than three days should it? we're getting other quotes as well, you know :glare: thats when i told them what to do with the job. not a word from either as i walked out. pricks wasting my valuable time :RpS_cursing: walked off a job on monday as well. it was like a whole wall that the customer had studded out and boarded with loads of recesses or cubby holes or whatever the fcuk youd call them to put the telly, the video player, stereo etc. when i got there the whole things been badly beaded, all kinked, not meeting, plus he'd attempted to do it himself with easyfill over the weekend and then abandoned it :RpS_lol: told his missus it would cost them extra because i would have to take all the beads off, scrape back the easyfill etc and she wasnt having it. so just left and said to give me a bell when they were ready. she hasnt.

Good on you Jurek. I 've come to the conclusion the nicer/ politer/ more accommodating you are to these p***s the more they see you as the sap they're get their own back for past injustices carried out by other white-van -men ( or whatever colour van). Give 'em both barrels.

Had one today say they need their large house rendered ASAP before the winter kicks in PMSL :RpS_lol:
I said no chance told her I don't do any rendering this time of year, plus I'm booked up anyway, she said well I've paid for all the scaffolding now :huh: :RpS_lol:
She said a builder had started the scratch coat but had only done as far up as he could reach :RpS_lol: but now she's got the scaffold up he's too busy with other work to finish it off lmfao :RpS_laugh:
I said sorry can't help ya & good luck with getting it done before Xmas :RpS_thumbsup:

Speaking of knob head customers wait to u s hear this one. Done a damp proof job for a guy took floors up, walls took up 1m high bla bla and he was a bit of a bullshitter o I've owned all these properties kept two squads of plasterers going for x amount of time owned my own business. I know the guy at rtu I'll get u a good price for concrete and screed. And I know the owner at builders yard too.Right ok fair enough order 2.5 m concrete then. (Prices were same as mine) came in next day getting organised and in pops a head Ur Screeds here lads ! :RpS_crying: What u mean screed ! Argued with customer for an hr and told him I told u specifically to order concrete, So once he realised I wasn't backing dwn he held his hands up, his big lad attitude cost him a couple a hundred lol. Then when we had everything skimmed I told him to let it dry out well before u paint it called back to get paid two days later he had everything painted.
Doesnt know that much really for someone who renovated all these properties. Me an the mate still laugh about it.

We should get together and write a book!
Some expect a porche job for fiesta money!

I started a job 2 weeks ago customer is spot on I put an invoice in and get paid the same day and she brings cake on a Friday some good customers out there won't be nutting this one :)

was trying to get home tonight and the bus driver in front of me was only doing about fifteen miles and hour down these country roads and wouldnt move over to let me pass the c**t. eventually got past him and slowed down to about five miles an hour in front of him. he was going crazy. flashing his lights and beeping his horn. i stopped and he got out of his bus ffs. i just gave him a few beeps and drove away laughing my tits off.

bloke i was working for was meant to have meshed around a woodburning flue where it went through a coved ceiling. he hadnt done it. and it was an old converted church hall and about fifteen foot high :RpS_cursing: and the scaf he said would be there wasn't :RpS_cursing: and id left my snips at the last job i was on and asked him to go out and get me some and he came back with some right handed aviator snips for twelve quid. rolson ffs. it was like i was cutting everything in a circle :RpS_cursing:

Status
Not open for further replies.