Bloody builders!

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nisus

Elite Member
Turned up to screed a floor for @imago the other day.

The ready mixed screed had all been wheelbarrowed inside the house & an extra barrow outside with a mug of tea waiting for me as I walked up the drive!
Then he payed a good days money for a couple of hours work!

Ffs sick of been treated like this by bloody builders :RpS_cursing:

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprised you stood for that kind of treatment! I looked hard but couldn't see a tray of triangle sandwiches with crusts removed by the tea?

He's keeping you sweet for something else.........................I think @Olican gave him the contract for refurbing the G** Section dungeon so watch ya ass @Nisus.....................:RpS_wink:

I was considering doing some work for@imago , might have a rethink after reading this....shocking :mad:

I don't know what to say lads, I feel ashamed of myself. :RpS_blushing: I am taking him away for a two day city break next week though, will that make up for it?

Shocking that nisus , ad be wary next time ;-) surely should have the gear in the hole as well for u !

It was all in, just needed scraping about or whatever the technical term is.
@Olican @Nisus has already warned me about you. He said to watch out if you ask me round to your place for a 'Devon cream tea' as apparently that's a euphemism. :RpS_sneaky:

I don't know what to say lads, I feel ashamed of myself. :RpS_blushing: I am taking him away for a two day city break next week though, will that make up for it?

It was all in, just needed scraping about or whatever the technical term is.
@Olican @Nisus has already warned me about you. He said to watch out if you ask me round to your place for a 'Devon cream tea' as apparently that's a euphemism. :RpS_sneaky:

:RpS_lol: I can also do an Abrosia special....Devon knows how they make it so creamy..:RpS_drool:

:RpS_lol: I can also do an Abrosia special....Devon knows how they make it so creamy..:RpS_drool:

That's an image I could have gone my whole life without having in my head and been quite happy.

"Boit down on this my luvver. Oim coming in dry!" :RpS_scared:

He's Really excited about his Bermuda Triangle trip to Wolverhampton, Coventry and Birmingham :RpS_laugh:

Nah mate I don't have much milk in mine, it looks like it but it must be the light.... or something else :-0 :RpS_sneaky:

He's puttin....things! in yer brew:-0.......

cum on imago! Leave it out....its ice cream lees looking for ffs:RpS_unsure:

Yes it will as long as you book me in a top notch hotel room, mini bar, hookers etc :RpS_drool:
Us plasterers require a certain standard when we work away you see, it follows suit with our footballers wages :RpS_thumbsup:

I don't know about cups of tea, ice creams and sandwiches but that screed gear looks ******* dreadful.

:RpS_laugh: bloody negative southerners eh Marra....................:RpS_thumbup: @Nisus

A good plasterer can make anything look smooth. :RpS_wub:

And I did :RpS_cool: but to be fair, my level wasn't working properly that day so when you was out at the van I told the customer it'll need a couple of bags of self leveller on it afterwards :RpS_laugh:

Well due to the handing over of the correct amount of notes I can only presume he's entirely satisfied.

That said, he'd be hard pushed to be disappointed as the whole ornamental pond in the dining room thing they had going on didn't work for me. It looks much better with a flat (ish) floor. :RpS_thumbsup:

There's some whiny fcukers on here. :huh:

This thread was started to provide a little humour. However that's dependent on those reading it having a sense of humour. So for those of you who are disabled and were born without one, or suffered an accident and had to have it removed, I'll post a serious bit below so that you don't feel left out.

The screed in the barrow what where the driver of the ready mix truck shot the stuff he cleared from the chute. It, along with the left overs when the floor was finished went in the skip. Rest assured that the screed went down fine, and floated up nicely. The only issue with it was the inclusion of some 4mm gravel pebbles. That was resolved as @Nisus floated the floor and while it cost a little time, it was no biggie. Mesh was used, as was DPM. I think that's everything?

Oh, no cement based products or plasterers were harmed during the making of this post, or the laying of the floor. All waste was removed by approved and licensed contractors, and the stuff that was transported in my van is covered by my waste carriers license.

This thread was started to provide a little humour. However that's dependent on those reading it having a sense of humour. So for those of you who are disabled and were born without one, or suffered an accident and had to have it removed, I'll post a serious bit below so that you don't feel left out.

The screed in the barrow what where the driver of the ready mix truck shot the stuff he cleared from the chute. It, along with the left overs when the floor was finished went in the skip. Rest assured that the screed went down fine, and floated up nicely. The only issue with it was the inclusion of some 4mm gravel pebbles. That was resolved as @Nisus floated the floor and while it cost a little time, it was no biggie. Mesh was used, as was DPM. I think that's everything?

Oh, no cement based products or plasterers were harmed during the making of this post, or the laying of the floor. All waste was removed by approved and licensed contractors, and the stuff that was transported in my van is covered by my waste carriers license.

Bloody cheek of you. You put Nisus's's's cup in that sh1te

I was too distracted by the baby tea in the mug to notice the screed......................:huh:. no tea bags where harmed during the making process.........................:RpS_laugh:

touchy!

Bloody hell I'm glad you pointed that out as I honestly thought this was a serious thread about the quality of screed gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.