blood sweat and tears!! There must be an easier way??

Status
Not open for further replies.

plast010580

Hello all,

I am after some advice re: taking down old coving!!

Today I have been trying to remove the old coving before a re skim.

The way a have been shown in the past has been to use a claw hammer, knock a hole in the coving and use the leverage to rip the coving down! removing the left over with a heavy duty scrapper!!(sounds easy writing it) But this both hard work and very labour intenstive! As im sure you all know!

I started this at 8am and it took much longer an i allowed! I was forever scratching my hand on the artex ceiling, sweating for england and crying everytime i looked round to see how much i had left to go!!!

Pls tell me there is an easier way and I have wasted my time doing it like this!!!

If no one has any solutions I may have to invent a tool to do the job for us!!! Im a firm believer that every job is easy with the right tools!!!

All help is much appreciated!!

its even easier with the right knowledge....
leave it up there and skim up to it...
even if its reasonably heavy artex and you 3 coat it what you do is cut it into the edge of the cove as you flatten off and it looks like its never been overskimmed... ;)

failing that if your overbaording the ceiling just have the board with it...

chisel the edge mate. if its put up with artex then it should be easy, if its been put up with adhisive then you got a long week ;D ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.