Blockwork showing through exterior render

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manx

We have an issue with block work showing through white sand cement render mainly on north face elevation. It varies in severity, during winter affected most of elevation, now affecting irregular patches. Seems to be xs suction in render. Anyone that has looked at it says render on thick enough. In house 16 months. Painting not an option.
Has anyone any advice on how to rectIfy, will this cause more problems into the future, is it worth sampling render to find out what issue is?
Any advice appreciated thanks

Could you not go over it with a thin coat acrylic finish??.. More help will be along soon...........welcome to the forum by the way..........:RpS_thumbup:

a few options,
its called 'ghosting' nearly aways occurs due to render being applied too thin, but if you say its on thick enough, who am i to say different.
'
to rectify it, any thing going over it or paint etc,not an option you say,
then id be looking at some kind of silicone spray sealant [nonsolvent based] to repel the water, dries transparent, cant tell its on until it rains and water runs down the wall instead of being absorbed and thus into the blockwork.
problem solved, what do i win?

Painting is not an option probably because he doesn't want to pay for it and wants to put the onus on the plasterer.

Plaster could be too thin or no waterproofer in either coat.

My advice....paint it. It will last far longer too.

some kind of silicone spray sealant [nonsolvent based] to repel the water, dries transparent, cant tell its on until it rains and water runs down the wall instead of being absorbed

Which type/brand of sealent do you favour?

Paraguard AG, stops any mould and greening on the wall as well if it doesnt see any sun.Sto make a good one that ive used before but the name of it escapes me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.