Blockage

Status
Not open for further replies.

spunky

Private Member
We had a couple of episodes earlier when we were spraying then it'd start spraying stiffer and you hear it building up to a whine then a pop and it stopped spraying then you spray it into a bucket and it frees itself up
We were spraying large heads so the gun was up for a bit would this affect it or do you think it could be a small blockage it happened a few times

We're spraying again tomorrow so I'll keep an eye on the pressure, what does the dosing screw look like and where is it?, tbh with the consistency we do go a bit under the recommended on the bags but it's nice and rulable it's not stiff

It's in the Dry Hopper. Black In colour and attached to the massive mixing arm (dosing shaft). You will be able to see if it's worn. Give us a call if you need any help mate

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

They do wear out Dave, not that often to be honest. It also can be down to the material being slightly damp and compacting in the hopper. Let me know what it looks like and will sort it out for u

Andy, If you want it looked at before you buy we will do it FOC for you mate. Will also do training for you at a discounted rate

Cheers Ryan, problem is your miles away from me mate. I already have a G4 and the bloke selling it is only 2 miles down the road so I can see it running. Are there big differences in the two machines.

Output and pumping distance is greater on the M300. Same principals different buttons. Let me know which M300 it is. Will send you over a start up and clean down checklist

Cheers Ryan,Im based in Preston Lancs. Nothings certain regarding the machine as yet,but if its a goer ill be in touch mate.

Same thing happened again today, Ryan I can't tell if the dosing shafts worn I don't know what they look like new and what's the crack with it being too compacted don't you just put it in the hopper?

Last edited:
Dave,

Are you leaving powder in the machine over night? Are you spraying tomorrow?
Give me or Andy a call before you setup just so we can see what's happening

Cheers

Same thing happened again today, Ryan I can't tell if the dosing shafts worn I don't know what they look like new and what's the crack with it being too compacted don't you just put it in the hopper?
You broke the ******* machine Dave , you only had it 10 minutes :RpS_wink:

Dave,

Are you leaving powder in the machine over night? Are you spraying tomorrow?
Give me or Andy a call before you setup just so we can see what's happening

Cheers

It's empty Ryan and if it was full we didn't know it would be a problem and we've had it full overnight and never had this problem before

The problem we had yesterday was after 40 mins spraying, it's coming out very slow and the rotor and stators 7 pallets old si spoke to Andy today and it seemed alright through a 15m 35mm hose but won't go through a 15m 35mm-20m 25mm 35m in total up one drop of scaffold

The moisture in the air at this time of the year will cause the material to compact if you leave it over night.

It sounds like your dosing screw is worn or maybe the consistency is wrong. I spoke to Your boss man and he said its only with the white your having the trouble? Are you still running it through the test pipe or are you setting the water the same as other colours?

Jenks. Best bet, ring them in the know before you put any powder into that behatch tommorow. saves all the guesswork. maybe even take a few pictures of your dosing shaft and get Ryan to send you pictures of a new one and explain why its not doing what is should. This time tommorow you will have the answer

Just called Andy, he spoke to you earlier!! It's your R/S, you have a new arriving tomorrow. Sounds like you burnt the R/S out!

Forget what I said lol!! Call us tomorrow when you put the new one on, just let us know what pressure it's running at, or drop me a text with ur number and I will get him to call u

We're using g00 parex we've had probs with blanc du littoral, were running test pipes and Simons pretty religious setting it up, **** knows about the dosing screw we've used it on probably 20-30 jobs, the machines stored in a van or a warehouse and if the gears in the hopper we give it a good stir to losen it before we start up

Just called Andy, he spoke to you earlier!! It's your R/S, you have a new arriving tomorrow. Sounds like you burnt the R/S out!

Forget what I said lol!! Call us tomorrow when you put the new one on, just let us know what pressure it's running at, or drop me a text with ur number and I will get him to call u

ok cool

One of my mates is using an M300 spraying blanc du littoral and he was getting best part of 2000m2 out of his rotors, with that stuff you need to spray slightly wetter

You should have no problems spraying any of the Parex materials, and if your only getting 7 ton your definatly running to stiff

Would it be too stiff too rule though stu were using 10mm beads and it's nice ? I don't know is it me or are you supposed to spray it like piss in 2 passes for 13-15mm

Jenks. Best bet, ring them in the know before you put any powder into that behatch tommorow. saves all the guesswork. maybe even take a few pictures of your dosing shaft and get Ryan to send you pictures of a new one and explain why its not doing what is should. This time tommorow you will have the answer
Les had me do that once , i took more pictures of the machine then i did when i went on holiday ,but it was all sorted that day :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.