Block marked render

Status
Not open for further replies.

s.p.t plastering

Priced a massive back of a house to do earlier, that has got to floated in s&c and block marked...

Not done one in ages if i get the job, any of you lads do much of these still? or have you done a lot of them?

its easy rub up your sand and cement then leave then next day using a stone angle grinder disc by hand cut your lines better and neater than doing same day

its a lot easier to mark out and you get neater lines cut the disc in half and you can run it along a rule

you can buy the ashlar cutting tool for same day but it can be a pain in the rec if the house or walls aint square

its not the same thing jife its proper ashlar marked out blockwork what everyone calls ashlar these days is really rustication meaning cutting in grooves ashlar is small lines to represent stonework

The last one we done, we got it bang on with the floating/ruleing and used one of those little clay tools and marked it in the same day, turned out perfect.

Don't need to do it the next day really, plus how would you do all the detail round the window if it was needed with the angle grinder? And how do you control the depth of the joints?

you dont use an angle grinder just the disc and believe it comes out ten times better

grand wizard said:
you dont use an angle grinder just the disc and believe it comes out ten times better
I thought you meant use a grinder too!!

I thought it was a bit mental, but I dont question things unless I tried it :)

grand wizard said:
its not the same thing jife its proper ashlar marked out blockwork what everyone calls ashlar these days is really rustication meaning cutting in grooves ashlar is small lines to represent stonework
Yeah I meant ashlar as it is known - stone blockwork config cut into the render not the big grooved stuff thats popular today on georgian mocks. (not sure what they call that) My teacher was old and very old school I only done it once with him using a tool I think he made his but I think you can buy em still also seen people doing it with a pencil

Status
Not open for further replies.