blending in

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwi

1st post in this section lads ?? Been asked to do a curved wall and they have asked if its possible to use a variaty of colours all graduly blending in to one another is this hard to achive ??

Hi, It would be best to divide the wall into panels and apply one colour and then tape it off and apply the other colour. (banding) this is time consuming so the meter rate needs to be higher than usual :)
Banding looks great with different shades of the same colour. with banding you can use different finishes as well.

Hope that helps

They are open to suggestions at the mo they only no it has to have a shine if you want to pm me with any mat details and tech for applying etc would be great I can't pm unless replying on this phone for some reason

blending in is blending in.... one colour goes into the next (overlaps) stuff using tape as this will just differenciate each colour not blend it in... this will just create bands... as for materials you need multi finish with different colours of paint pots... mix your multi finish and divide into 5 pots... add 5 different paints... and skim away... polish with pledge every week... if you get a stain from tea cups just hack off with an axe and patch in with hardwall... :mad:

work with me here :p

watch this vid...sorry kid broke my mic

http://www.screencast.com/users/aut...ng/media/88a5c393-b495-4ec6-9568-ef45ca3fb92a

assume each brush stroke in the vid is actually a trowel stroke ...place the 2 or more colors of your choice on your hawk,place the material in a type of box weave pattern ( the box weave is important for the best effect )...but before it is dry pull your trowel through the material and it will blend...takes a bit of practice to make look natural

to save a long winded explanation Ill leave it at that and if you need ask questions :p

if you go here

http://authentic-plaster-fx.net/wordpress/

and look at the blog page there is a rotating image at the top of the page the orange wine room is done exactly like this.......... those walls are actually 3 colors spread at the same time( red orange and yellow) and then blended...we use a lime material called marmorino

Status
Not open for further replies.