Black splinters

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbo71

After reading loads of posts about collated screw gun's I've talked myself into buying one, my heart says hilti, my wallet says senco, it won't be used every day, but every time I tack a ceiling I'm sick of getting splinters in my finger from grabbing screws, before I buy one have any of you got any hints/tips to avoid these? I don't get on with gloves too well.

Makita are better than senco and abit cheaper than hilti , depends what other tools you have . Or planing on getting , then you can battery share , multitools are handy , nearly always out my van when im boarding .

Makita are better than senco and abit cheaper than hilti , depends what other tools you have . Or planing on getting , then you can battery share , multitools are handy , nearly always out my van when im boarding .
My other tools are a mix, bosch, makita. Got a lovely bosch impact driver.

Never seen a bosch collater like ? Never looked though , is ur makita 18v lithium ? You can get the collated drill bare for half the price like . Even think about getting a makita screwgun with a battery for 150 maybe less from screwfix and a bare collater , make sure its a 3amp battery mind not a shitty one

Never seen a bosch collater like ? Never looked though , is ur makita 18v lithium ? You can get the collated drill bare for half the price like . Even think about getting a makita screwgun with a battery for 150 maybe less from screwfix and a bare collater , make sure its a 3amp battery mind not a shitty one
No mate ,the bosch is just an impact driver, it's good but only as fast as I can grab a screw.

It's a nightmare tool mate. I couldn't possibly sell it to somebody on here. I ended up buying another Hilti.
Ok mate, no worries, I've read loads of posts on these gun's, you seem to be the guru on these, the local merchants stock senco, I've not read much good about the makita, but I've not tried it so can't say.

Na a was meaning to buy a bosch collater bare ..... And use ur existing batterys and charger .... Would save u abit money , also you can get genuine makita batterys for 60 quid on the net :)

Ok mate, no worries, I've read loads of posts on these gun's, you seem to be the guru on these, the local merchants stock senco, I've not read much good about the makita, but I've not tried it so can't say.

I have a old senco and a makita , i love the makita , only time it jams is if u can the end of the gun and it clicks to the next screw . Or cheap screws . I get mine from wack wholesale and they work spot on

Meaning its user error , i very very rarly get a jam . Just got to try notice when you catch the end of the drill . The old senco is different if it jumps a screw its only like a ring right on the end rather than a big square so it doesnt catch anything

Been using my mates senco this week 18 v and have to say its decent. On par if not better than my makita.

You could be right mate my makita is the smaller one.
@TonyM what was wrong with the festool bud, it's a shame as they usually make good tools.
It was frequently spitting screws out and the depth of screws wasn't consistent so it pissed me off. Festool say use their screws but they are a ridiculous price, so f**k'em. It's on eBay at the moment with a new collated attachment that Festool gave me, listed separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.