biying moulds

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi lads just a quick one been looking round for moulds for ceiling roses cornices ect as would like to get in to the fibrous side of things have done nvq 2 in fabrous now been plastering for about 10 years anyone point me in the right direction or is it some thing u just build up as u go on any help always welcome thanks lads

hi flynnyman

lol your not the first person to say that mate i have bought 3 ceiling roses in all just wanted to ask round if any one new where to get the moulds from

South Western Plaster supplies can be contacted on 01380 850616. I bought a couple of moulds from these guys and some other stuff and they have been good.

Hi mate were abouts are you based may have a Couple of fibreglass moulds cornice and ceiling roses that would part with

Last edited:
could send pictures of ones id be willing to sell but you would have to collect or get a courier if you wanted them

hi mike im in harrogate yorkshire i have 3 fibreglass cornice moulds tha i dont use that would want between 3-400 and there is also some panel moulds fibreglass that i would be willing to part with if your interested thanks

just type ceiling roses on the internet order some you like the look off for as cheap as possible obc then make a mould off that and there you go you can run that mould for years and for a cornice do you lads not just make a profile from had then run it?

id be intereste ddepending on price and location
I have a plaster moulding business and I'm packing up due to ill health. I have got 20+ ceiling and 20+ coving moulds, niches, fire surrounds, plaques, corbels and decs if your interested. Willing to show how to manufacture.

hay mate i have just made my self some corbels .u need some flat plastic latex and thikner and casting plaster.put your cealing rose on plastic glue it down around the adge .and then 1 coat of latex brushed on and then leve to dry do this about 10 time each layer needs to dry use heairdryer for speed.then and 6 drops of thikner to some latex then put another 10 coats on drys.then make a mother mold with cast bye puting all on top of latex mould when still on rose and plastic when all cast dry.then it is done take mother mold of and of plastic base and u r ready to cast.get latex of ebay.paul

Sounds like a lot of hard work who taught you that there are much easier ways but if it works then fair play if you know anyone wanting any moulds I'm from harrogate and selling some

latex is a waste of time, shrinks and tears far to easy.

rtv silicone is best, more expensive but quicker and last longer.

Your obviously very keen to learn if you stick at it you'll learn a lot the tutors at Leeds college of building were always helpful to me learnt a lot from you but you ask anyone your always learning no matter what part of your career ask mick Glossop he knows his stuff

I'm selling literally a full start up all fibreglass moulds panel moulds ceiling roses Art Deco stuff, different cornices niches etc for 2500 if your interested

Hi, I'm also selling an entire set up for a plaster mouldings/ fibrous moulds company due to ill health. It's a business that's been running for over 30 years and has everything you will need including benches etc to work on. I can provide assistance in making the products also. I'm based in peterborough. Price can be negotiated please contact me if interested 07843855723 mick

Dear Mike,

Am interested in fibrous plastering and have done a course in it and would like to setup a samll work shop to start to practice.

Where in the country are you?

Kind Regards

Mike

I'm in Liverpool mate youraelf? Only just seen your message

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Plasterers Forum mobile app

Hello all,

Looking at buying a full set up of cornice, panel, fire surrounds, coving, decorative fibreglass moulds please contact me on 07921857599.

Status
Not open for further replies.