bit of advice on dot & dab

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

totalplaster

Hi I've just been to a job for a builder we work for as he said he had a complaint from the customer. It was an extension he had built last year before we started with him and it was dot & dab then skim finish, the wall now has as described by the customer "chicken pox". I've never seen this before and looks to me like damp coming through on the adhesive has anyone come across this before and best solution to sort out, cheers

has the extension been built with a cavity and insulated properly.is there warmth in the room.how high are the footballs.either way,sounds like it needs redoing.maybe try a different method if unsure.the builder should really know the cause.

aye but no good dot n dab again otherwise it will happen again.need to get the builder to sort his job before redoing plastering.or lath and board with inch jablite and foilback plasterboard.see where the balls are.if low down could be rising damp.if all over could be penetrating damp or condensation if no warmth in the room and lots of moisture.wouldnt have thought the customer will be coughing up for it either .

Hi I've just been to a job for a builder we work for as he said he had a complaint from the customer. It was an extension he had built last year before we started with him and it was dot & dab then skim finish, the wall now has as described by the customer "chicken pox". I've never seen this before and looks to me like damp coming through on the adhesive has anyone come across this before and best solution to sort out, cheers
. Look at yourselves FFs damp? Vent?Cavity. Do you not mabye think that the plasterboard really may have chickenpox? I mean none of you are doctors so don't think you are in a position to make a diagnosis!...pfft. Call nhs 24 mate they will advise you on best solution to sort it out:RpS_thumbsup::RpS_biggrin:

Cheers for the advice kinda thought it was damp just not seen it myself before. I never done the job so wasn't sure on the spec but told him what I think and let him sort judging by his brickes work I'd have a punt at the cavity!!

Status
Not open for further replies.