Biggest ceiling

Status
Not open for further replies.
You the man Its all yours keithybaby :numberone::numberone::numberone:.
Thats more meterage then this broken ol sausage can handle.(y)

80 mtrs is plenty enough for little old me on me own.
Although with 3 gauges a day I dont suppose I'd starve with 240mtrs :loco::loco::loco::loco::loco::loco:

80sqm in your own , fu cking elk:sorprendido3:

Everyone is saying with lab or 2 plasterers. What about on your own?
Approx 50 m2 as my mate who was supposed to be helping me and whos job it was hadnt taped ceiling then let the lab go at 12 after p.v.a.ing the ceiling. I then discover after knocking up 3 buckets of gear hes no good on stilts and spends his time in one corner fecking about. Job was done and somehow turned out good despite the pillars ,alcoves and hassle . Fairplay to the guy paid me the meterage on it and did nt attempt to split it. Cant say it did nt hurt though.:sisi:

U can't change it to on year own. If u do that Scott wins this is bullshit. I want to win. Danny was going to give me a mug that he doesn't have.

Theres no losers keith we're all special ;).

Theres a cheeky little 80m2 I did on me own.
Ashamed to admit I didn't get any any walls on with it.
;)

Screenshot_2015-11-27-08-34-56.png

Crap photo but heres a 96m2 I finished on my own.
Screenshot_2015-11-27-08-37-57.png
(y)(y).

My approach to a 80m2 ceiling.
1 and a bit bags stiffish caulk out all tapered edge joints then gauge a 3 bag bucket whichll first coat 50+m2 .
knock another 3 up slightly wetter speedskim the first 50m2 now scratch the other 30m2 on speedskim that.
whats left out of the 2nd bucket will almost lay the first 50m2 in knock 1 bag up speedskim what was just 2nd coated now lay the rest in which will be hanging fairly wash out then speedskim the lot.
This is obviously for a ceiling thats a sensible height and shape with straightforward access if any of these things get more difficult, either A the number of mtrs going on will come down or B the number of trowels needed will go up.

My approach to a 80m2 ceiling.
1 and a bit bags stiffish caulk out all tapered edge joints then gauge a 3 bag bucket whichll first coat 50+m2 .
knock another 3 up slightly wetter speedskim the first 50m2 now scratch the other 30m2 on speedskim that.
whats left out of the 2nd bucket will almost lay the first 50m2 in knock 1 bag up speedskim what was just 2nd coated now lay the rest in which will be hanging fairly wash out then speedskim the lot.
This is obviously for a ceiling thats a sensible height and shape with straightforward access if any of these things get more difficult, either A the number of mtrs going on will come down or B the number of trowels needed will go up.

You make that sound so easy! By the time I finished laying the first 3 bags and knocked up the next it would of gone to hard for me to speedskim!

If you ever move to Bristol feel free to call me, I'd happily pay you more than anyone else to work with me!

You make that sound so easy! By the time I finished laying the first 3 bags and knocked up the next it would of gone to hard for me to speedskim!

If you ever move to Bristol feel free to call me, I'd happily pay you more than anyone else to work with me!
i heard he was on £600 a day ,lol

no one will offer large areas to a lone plasterer as they know it is out for their depth.
Nonsense.
If ceilings are THAT big a decent spread will piece them without a hitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.