BG Multi-finish bags

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

davyt63

hi
i have noticed over time that bg have changed the paper on their bags.
how many of you are taking bags of a pallet,to find that they rip as you take them off.
then you have to struggle with them to lift to pour in to a mixing bucket.

i dont think it will be long before BG will have a serious case on there hands,where a person has lifted the bag,it splits and puts the persons back out/damage?

and potentially a loss in earnings,through injury?

i know i have come close a few times.

regards

Davy

This is a problem thats been going on for a while bud if you noticed they have been putting soething on the bags to stick them together the amount of bust bags in suppliers there selling off on the cheap is unreal!!

in essense the problem was addressed last year :) and a lot of us noticed a massive improvement of the bags :) @BritishGypsum will be along to answer again though :)

Last edited:
hi
the paper is to weak,it needs to be stronger,BG cutbacks?

they either need to let it cool first,by putting breathers between bags,or give them a dusting between bags,but enough dust for them not to move in transit though.

i think this will remove the problem?

regards

Davy

Could go down the road of plastic bags maybe like cement dont know if that would be more difficult for everybody concerned :RpS_confused:

Could go down the road of plastic bags maybe like cement dont know if that would be more difficult for everybody concerned :RpS_confused:

certainly stop em getting wet,when loading in a pallet,and then going hard:RpS_cursing:

As said, they did get a lot better but I've noticed recently the new bags of multi finish with the unifinish adverts on them are pretty ****

Yes the ones with the pink uni add on are ripping a lot,to much glue between the bags and as smoother said in my merchants they had about 10-12 ripped bags selling on the cheap when I only usually see 3-4 bags in the bargain basement.

tbf I think there ok now at 1 point they were terrible but I think they have addressed the issue...

as others said though a plastic style bag which could be left outdoors would be the ideal solution like the cement bags etc

trouble with plastic that the merchants will then think its a good idea to store them outside... which would not be good... also BG will need to then test how the plastic reacts with the plaster and what not :) A lot of science behind it @Marshy @Wezly @Fibrehand7 @puddove @RobJack and teh many many more who have been round :)

Last edited:
trouble with plastic that the merchants will then think its a good idea to store them outside... which would not be good... also BG will need to then test how the plastic reacts with the plaster and what not :) A lot of science behind it @Marshy @Wezly @Fibrehand7 @puddove @RobJack and teh many many more who have been round :)

or they could just do it anyway @Danny like unifish1 & unifinsh 2 and we will try for them!:rolleyes)

Last edited by a moderator:
will there be another chance to go to bg danny?i would much love to go and I'm only 15 mins from the Loughborough depot:RpS_thumbup:

ever since the new bags with the uni finish ad on the gears become playdoughie if makes sense just setting weird
they aint getting unfinished in with the multi are they ?

I noticed a few months back the skim was going peely after about 15 mins when the bags were sticking together on the pallets. I thought the bags were sticking because of dampness/cold in the merchants we use though. Didn't think it was all over the uk.

They seem ok again here though.....

they brought some bags out years ago that had a layer of plastic in the bags to make them more waterproof but it made the bags sweat in the summer causing lumps in the bags,, they were not around for long

Status
Not open for further replies.