Best way to remove SBR slurry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arti

started a job for a builder rendering a yard, so slurry's the whole place and put's the scrath coat on, Rings me today saying he wanted to keep one wall just brickwork can i come and take it off. so went today got the render off no bother and the slurry is a fu@kin nightmare. used a wire brush attachment on my grinder and its ultra slow, tried brick acid and that was pitifull. im not too arsed how long it tales me cos im getting paid anyway but i'd rather be doing more constructive things.............any idea of how to get it off lads....................:RpS_thumbup:

Sorry arti , never had to take slurry. off tbh ..:RpS_crying:
is it not gonna look shoit. once all removed? Or is he not botherd ,Why's he wanting it back to brick??

tell the builder that you can not take the sbr off. if he wanted one wall left brickwork he should have given you an instruction before you started. you rendered them because they all looked rough.
if the bricks a hard like a stock brick he may be able to sand blast them.

Sorry arti , never had to take slurry. off tbh ..:RpS_crying:
is it not gonna look shoit. once all removed? Or is he not botherd ,Why's he wanting it back to brick??

cos he's a bellend. if i cant get the stuff off i was thinking about getting some tints from pics and sorting it out that way. TBH wallcrete was my immediate response we the builder said he wanted it off

Best thing to do with the wall is this marra :RpS_laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I burst out laughing when I read the thread title, sorry Arty marra :RpS_blushing:

I would 'clean' a square metre off and ask the builder if he - or the customer - is happy with the way it looks. Then Wallcrete it or get some nice curtains :RpS_thumbup:

Sorry wrong link!http://www.ilovewallpaper.co.uk/wallpaper-c1/patterned-wallpaper-c2/fine-decor-henderson-brick-effect-wallpaper-red-brick-p668

I burst out laughing when I read the thread title, sorry Arty marra :RpS_blushing:

I would 'clean' a square metre off and ask the builder if he - or the customer - is happy with the way it looks. Then Wallcrete it or get some nice curtains :RpS_thumbup:

With your extensive interior design skills im expecting you could pick me out a bobby dazzler pair of curtains marra............:RpS_thumbup:.......:RpS_unsure:

You tried a heat gun on it marra to soften it up & scrape it off?

Tried it and didnt work, fu@k it am tinting the fu@ker, it will be good practice for my wallcete...................:RpS_thumbup:

Tried it and didnt work, fu@k it am tinting the fu@ker, it will be good practice for my wallcete...................:RpS_thumbup:

Have you not tried a silicone grinding cup on an angle grinder cos they clean up stone toppa i have used them to re-shape re-claimed stone for coines etc :RpS_thumbup:

That's the fella's arti but just think'n depending on how much you need to take off could take an age. That said they fairly get through sandstone nee botha and clean bricks up canny aswell.

they dont rip the face off the bricks do they??

@Artisan998 like i say i use them to finish/dress sandstone and cleaned re-claimed brick. What kind of bricks is the slurry on ? are they glazed, textured or just your bog standard pit house back yard wall brick ?

@Artisan998 like i say i use them to finish/dress sandstone and cleaned re-claimed brick. What kind of bricks is the slurry on ? are they glazed, textured or just your bog standard pit house back yard wall brick ?
@raggles pit house bricks................

@Artisan998 i have used them on those type of brick before and they have cleaned the face up canny. usually use these for faux inglenook fireplaces. Sand/shot Blasting works good aswell but the aggregate is expensive

@Artisan998 i have used them on those type of brick before and they have cleaned the face up canny. usually use these for faux inglenook fireplaces. Sand/shot Blasting works good aswell but the aggregate is expensive

roger............al give it a go..................:RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.