Best way to get rid of limebloom on weber ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

regi-boy

Any help appreciated here guys .... We finished a couple panels before Christmas and were left mint ...... Went back today and they are badly discoloured and what looks pigment runs at edge of window cills :/ ..... Suggestions ?

Watered down brick cleaning acid might work.

Way back in 1972 we had a tyrolean wall half exposed half sheltered. The exposed half overnight turned white with lime bloom. We sprayed it with watered down brick acid and it worked.

You could ask Weber (ha ha) or try a sample patch.

Watered down brick cleaning acid might work.

Way back in 1972 we had a tyrolean wall half exposed half sheltered. The exposed half overnight turned white with lime bloom. We sprayed it with watered down brick acid and it worked.

You could ask Weber (ha ha) or try a sample patch.

Acid and Limestone Calcium Carbonate sand really do not get on!

I should imagine they dont. The job we did was pale grey and the acid was watered down 10-1 as it was neat acid. I have not used it since but I would have thought it could bleach some of the colour if it was too strong.

Is the customer giving you grief Regi-boy?

Yes good client as well ...... Is it a strip n redo job then ? ..... This time watching weather closer ???? :/

Rendit might be better to advise, he is in the repair business. It will probably disappear in time or you could use an equalising paint if it shuts them up.

Yes good client as well ...... Is it a strip n redo job then ? ..... This time watching weather closer ???? :/

Its a straight forward fix usually whilst maintaining the Weber warranty, what colour is it? I'm trying not to say too much because I want to follow the protocol of these forums.

Hi rendit :)
Think it was off white weber pral m .... Can you pm me with any suggestions bud ? Would be greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.