best way to clean a bucket

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong because we've all had stuff go off in the bucket at times, but if you're going to clean your bucket do it while the plaster is still wet. Surprising just how easy it is and far quicker

always clean your buckets out while the plasters still wet - you can always put them in the sink with the pots and pans to soak:RpS_scared::RpS_lol:

Haha yeah funnny.... with all great intentions cleaning them while plaster is wet i have loat count how many black buckets i have thrown away or condemmed to bonding buckets....

My skim buckets stay clean though.....

Soak them in water for a few days o sling them....

Hourly rate for person divided by 60 = X

X multiplied by time taken to clean buckets = Y

If Y > £2:50 then (buyanotherfuckingbucket)

Make sure you scrape off left over plaster with bucket trowel , fill in water about a quarter , clean with brush from top rim to the bottom and swirl shake and dispose them into drain hole - I would not advise disposing into toilet / in bath as can clog the pipes.

Ur still gunna block the drains then mate ? Have a dirty water bucket , let it settle then pour the water away and bucket trowel the **** out the bottom into skip or bin .....

I was doing a job for an environmental health officer and I showed her the dirty water I put down drains and she said that was fine, it's the restaurants pouring cooking oil down there after. That was over six years ago though...

I mix my mucky water with finish the scoop it in to a bag instead of struggling to carry the bucket and getting mucky water every we're

Buckets are only a quid from B & Q, most of the time I sling them rather than clean them out.

You'll make @Nisus cry talking like that! He measures the age of his buckets in generations. His old tile adhesive tub that he uses for washing out is older than most apprentices.

He only started using that when his original bucket started to wear thin from the cleaning it got. byzantine trade goods2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Someones had a drink and started this thread as a wind up.

Everyone knows u bring them home and ask the wife to sort em.

To be fair if you are busy and the plaster gets a bit tough its a pain in the arse. Worst part of plastering. Being a student I don't have the labourer to throw it at!

Gravel and wáter and spin it up with whisk if you can be bothered also good for cleaning whisk if caked up.
Failing that hide it in their wardrobe ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.