Best screwgun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a play with couple of the lads hilti, not overly impressed for the money. I had the same issues I've found with my old senco, and from what the ower had said he struggled with 45mm screws. Do have to say though, it is easy to screw up and the batteries last for a good time.

Personally, I like a drywall gun and a dedicated collated as I am ocd like that ha. But, still, the gun high speed of the hilti can stuggle in knots so you'll find that you'd need an impact driver. Just going by what I found when using the gun.
My senco is ok, just old skool and plays up a lot.

Anyone ever use a 36v hilti, bosch etc to mix skim? Thinking of getting one for smaller jobs dont know if the batteries would be up to it.

Anyone ever use a 36v hilti, bosch etc to mix skim? Thinking of getting one for smaller jobs dont know if the batteries would be up to it.

I mix joint filler and ready mixed joint cement with my 22v Hilti hammer/drill driver. I've even done small buckets of drywall adhesive with it. A 36v would be fine for skim.

I've got a cordless 24 volt macallister sds knocks up two buckets of skim per battery used to use it on site when they stopped us using gennys before 8 am and carried on using it 65 quid did a full 12 months on site and still use it now on the odd job

ive had a senco in the past lasted probably around 12 months at best an started playing up, like a few on here i opted for the hilti sd500 with the smd47 attachment and wont use anything else now :RpS_thumbsup:

For those of you that use the Hilti SMD57, i've been getting pissed off with mine lately because it's been playing up and skewing screws off in all directions. I was about to smash it to pieces today and order a new one, at great expense, when I thought i'd strip it down and clean it. I got some petrol and a little brush, dismantled it ( there are lots of small bits), soaked them all, scraped off all the gunk that had collected in the nooks & crannies, and put it back together without having any bits left over. I then sprayed it with silicon and it's like new. The sh1t that was clogging it up, was causing the plastic screw strip to drag and not run freely. took about 45 mins and saved myself £150. just saying.

Bought a bosch 36v with 2 4ah batterys last febuary.
We mix average 10 bags per day. 2 bags of skim at a time in a 50lt refina skim bucket. The most bags mixed with 1 battery was 19. Averages 12-14 if you use it like a megamixer.

Bought a bosch 36v with 2 4ah batterys last febuary.
We mix average 10 bags per day. 2 bags of skim at a time in a 50lt refina skim bucket. The most bags mixed with 1 battery was 19. Averages 12-14 if you use it like a megamixer.

Thanks mate
I didnt buy one but keep a few watched on ebay now and again, so that review means i can easily do it with the small amount i mix.

Thanks mate
I didnt buy one but keep a few watched on ebay now and again, so that review means i can easily do it with the small amount i mix.
We paid bout 500 for ours new with those big batterys to make sure we would always have enough power. To be fair its overkill but i wouldnt swap it because on the odd occasion ive forgotten to charge it weve never been caught out.

I know everyone says hilti buttttttt...... Anyone tried spit or fein?

Being a joiner im not gonna use it all the time so dont want to spend silly
Used a fein thought it was good, 3 year back to Base warranty had it for two years the odd jam but nothing major was also getting hammered alot buy dippy labourers

Status
Not open for further replies.